Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Underboss
Running lovely on mine, no stutter at all.

Enjoying it more now I don't drop 20 frames whenever I try and pass someone.

Still become unresponsive when I try and get the madmax car though sadly.

Soldato
Jumps between 35/44 on fps at surfers for me. Still noticing a stutter, nothing dramatic has changed at all.

Mine sits between 56 (perfect 60fps sometimes) and 45 with drops even as low as 40-39 in critical moments on the main street. There's noticeable stutter. This is all almost maxed at 4k upscaled without MSAA. The thing is, dropping stuff does diddly squat as I only gain about 3-4 fps from certain settings.

The rest of the map seems fine, mostly locked to 60fps with some drops here and there but nothing too dramatic. Some races will probably drop to around 50fps.

The drops in upgrade menus are horrid. Wish it ran a bit better as I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

Soldato
I'm taking it very slow, around 6h in and only done 1 championship and a couple of barns/boards. Just driving around testing cars and making my garage:D

I've just spent 20 mnutes drifting an supped up old Holden pickup round Surfers and the surround roads raking in points, great fun. Also tested the Jeep CJ-5 Renegade from the new car pack, loved it.

I actually enjoy normal cars, old classics and typical sports cars/super cars more than many of the dull hypercars (some are nice, though).

F18.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

F20.jpg

F21.jpg

F14.jpg

F16.jpg

The above were in 4k DSR but Forza Hub only supports 1080p

Soldato
So I found a way to force it to update even without 60GB of the drive free.

1. Open Windows Store and go to FH3 page.
2. Launch the game from the start menu.
3. When you press continue it says "Update required... etc."
4. Alt+F4 to close the game.*
5. Download begins in the store.

*It might also work if you press A to continue instead of Alt+F4, I just happened to do that.

Worked a treat thank you!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
All patched up, but won't bother until tomorrow, doesn't seems to be anything groundbreaking from what I've read here and on Reddit.

Soldato
What's the error code?

I have sussed it out i had to move the game back to my main SSD drive then it would let me install the patch but god what a joke you cant even update the game if its not of the main drive :rolleyes:

Moved it back now lol but to me the patch has only fixed the stuttering the frame rate seems all over the place at times oh well im sticking with 48hz it runs great for me this way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Patch did absolutely nothing for the stuttering around built-up areas for me, almost felt worse in fact. Back to using the process affinity fix :/

Associate
I didn't notice any update last night but if I was connected to the servers I presume it happened?

Any way to check what version I'm on and which is latest patch?

Soldato
You have to go to the Forza page on MS Store and click update on the version that you own.

You can just click your user icon at the top of the store window and go to updates in there. Press check for updates and you're done.

I have to say while mine isn't stuttering at all my FPS has taken a hit and changing settings from all ultra to all low only gains me ~10 fps in the places it struggles most.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I have sussed it out i had to move the game back to my main SSD drive then it would let me install the patch but god what a joke you cant even update the game if its not of the main drive :rolleyes:

Moved it back now lol but to me the patch has only fixed the stuttering the frame rate seems all over the place at times oh well im sticking with 48hz it runs great for me this way.

Think you just need to try and launch it from the store and then it automatically prompted me to select a drive to install it on. Installed straight onto my Games SSD which is not my primary drive.

Back
Top Bottom