Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
Patch did absolutely nothing for the stuttering around built-up areas for me, almost felt worse in fact. Back to using the process affinity fix :/

Frankly, even the affinity/priority fix doesn't do that much for me in Surfers.

I don't blame the people who went for a refund, after all it's at least a 50 quid game and it behaves unpredictably for so many gamers on a wide range of configurations.

No way is it worth 50 quid (let alone 80 for the ultimate) if it doesn't work properly but that's something some fanboys in this thread like to sneer at, even on this page.

I'm going to stick with it because I'm having fun but having paid 70 quid for the Ultimate I'd like to know I don't have to disable my av, mics, then click on the icon fifteen times to make it launch, set task priority to low, change CPU affinity and still put up with stutter/drops in certain areas on a PC that's far from a potato. There are some minor graphical glitches as well.

It''s a bit too much for such a big, expensive release. No other game I've ever owned required doing such stuff.

Soldato
If anyone is bored or if a few of you are bored can you create some custom bucket lists, create the route one where you drive to a destination and set it for a couple of hundred metres.

Means I can get the achievement for playing other players then.

Thanks,

I can do the same too.

Soldato
Patch downloaded fine for me last night, Boot the game up, don't have to faff around changing affinity and priority, bumped everything up to near max and buttery smooth 60fps gameplay.

The patch for me has fixed my game.

AND!!!!! I got my Warthog :D

Also I was a little underwhelmed with the new car pack, wanted more odd ball cars like that jeep and the Crown vic

Last edited:
Associate
Patch downloaded fine for me last night, Boot the game up, don't have to faff around changing affinity and priority, bumped everything up to near max and buttery smooth 60fps gameplay.

The patch for me has fixed my game.

AND!!!!! I got my Warthog :D

Also I was a little underwhelmed with the new car pack, wanted more odd ball cars like that lotus and Jeep

Be careful,you might be called fanboy just because all works for you :D
And they know how much game should cost for you - games YOU purchased :D

OT - DLC is awesome,mix of everything ,but dat Zonda sound OMG:cool:
Still want Zonda R tho

Associate
I want to add the forzahorizon3 exe to the NVidia control panel 3D settings but its not there. Also I can't seem to find where it is located in my system in order to add it.

Anyone know where its located please?

Soldato
Be careful,you might be called fanboy just because all works for you :D
And they know how much game should cost for you - games YOU purchased :D

OT - DLC is awesome,mix of everything ,but dat Zonda sound OMG:cool:
Still want Zonda R tho

All right, stop playing a smartass and running around telling people they can't have an opinion about the game because it runs OK for you.

I don't see people who have issues commenting on the posts of everyone else telling them they shouldn't like the game because it doesn't run properly for everyone. You on the other hand...

And seriously, if someone else having problems with the game bother you so much, then, sorry, you have issues.

I'm happy to accept it runs well for some.

Soldato
well ive given up tryin to install this on the pc now. ive tried every way under the sun. luckily i have an xbox to play it on but still its very annoying not being able to play it on pc :(

Soldato
Some minor improvements with the update I noticed but haven't had a proper good play on it, lag in the custom upgrade menu is slightly reduced but its still there, G27 support is back yay but the FFB still feels like poo.

Soldato
I want to add the forzahorizon3 exe to the NVidia control panel 3D settings but its not there. Also I can't seem to find where it is located in my system in order to add it.

Anyone know where its located please?
You wont find it normally. It's a UWP app.

I think one exploit to access it is to have the game running, then open Task Manager, where you can then open the content of the folder it's in by right-clicking on the exe.

I wouldn't count on being able to use it with Nvidia Control Panel, though.

Associate
You wont find it normally. It's a UWP app.

I think one exploit to access it is to have the game running, then open Task Manager, where you can then open the content of the folder it's in by right-clicking on the exe.

I wouldn't count on being able to use it with Nvidia Control Panel, though.

Thanks. So I presume the maximum performance setting in the control panel can't be applied to the forza exe individually and therefore has to be set as a global parameter?

Soldato
What GPU are you running?

I wonder if people who say there is a problem with MSAA are simply running into vRAM issues when they turn it on?

Maybe, I don't notice anything different with MSAA off. Stutters with and without it in Surfers. I'm at 4k DSR without MSAA and there are stutters and drops there, tried 1440p with MSAAx2 and it was virtually the same. Even 1440p without MSAA produces rather similar results.

Soldato
Thanks. So I presume the maximum performance setting in the control panel can't be applied to the forza exe individually and therefore has to be set as a global parameter?
Not sure, sorry.

Maybe, I don't notice anything different with MSAA off. Stutters with and without it in Surfers. I'm at 4k DSR without MSAA and there are stutters and drops there, tried 1440p with MSAAx2 and it was virtually the same. Even 1440p without MSAA produces rather similar results.
Well I have no idea what setups y'all are using. Obviously any potential vRAM issues that pop up using MSAA wouldn't apply to everybody.

Not saying that MSAA would be the only culprit of stuttering, just that it may be making things worse for some.

Soldato
OP
Hi guys.

Massive apologies for not being on at all, been super busy with work and been feeling really rough, not even played FH3 for about 6 days. I've just updated my friend list, will be sending out more invites to the club.

Going forward I might open the doors so you guys can just join, I can imagine how frusrated you are if you added me and wanted it to the club and it's not been done yet. Opening the club maybe an easier option to join. Stupidly, there isn't a function where you can join in the club via a password, so its either open or invite only.

Back
Top Bottom