Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
Not sure, sorry.

Well I have no idea what setups y'all are using. Obviously any potential vRAM issues that pop up using MSAA wouldn't apply to everybody.

Not saying that MSAA would be the only culprit of stuttering, just that it may be making things worse for some.

I'm on a 1070/4790k. I'd wager the problem with stuttering is more due to the game having problems with CPU utilisation and data streaming. Windows Store is probably to blame too, at least partially.

Soldato
Hi guys.

Massive apologies for not being on at all, been super busy with work and been feeling really rough, not even played FH3 for about 6 days. I've just updated my friend list, will be sending out more invites to the club.

Going forward I might open the doors so you guys can just join, I can imagine how frusrated you are if you added me and wanted it to the club and it's not been done yet. Opening the club maybe an easier option to join. Stupidly, there isn't a function where you can join in the club via a password, so its either open or invite only.

No worries, you're not obliged to sit in front of your PC all day responding to everyone:)

Sent you a request in the morning, GT: Fuubutsushi

Cheers

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Does the tuning screens seem ridiculously slow for anyone else? Every option takes a good few seconds to load - it makes picking out wheels an absolute nightmare.

I think its better after this patch, still a little laggy though.

Associate
All right, stop playing a smartass and running around telling people they can't have an opinion about the game because it runs OK for you.

I don't see people who have issues commenting on the posts of everyone else telling them they shouldn't like the game because it doesn't run properly for everyone. You on the other hand...

And seriously, if someone else having problems with the game bother you so much, then, sorry, you have issues.

I'm happy to accept it runs well for some.

Why then you telling me i cant have MY opinion then?
You seems little bit salty - feel free to not read my posts,but when same person constantly talks about how game "not worth" that or that it makes me wonder.
Of course it bothers me - just like any other game (opinion heh? ).If you dont care that game runs badly for other OcUK'ers then i think you have issues.Your post clearly shows that.
It runs well for majority,it runs bad for some - dont make things up - OcUK forum is absolutely small % of people who play this game.

I think its better after this patch, still a little laggy though.

Im using same settings,cant say if there is any diff,but im using vsync and locked 60fps 2x MSAA ,rarely dropping below 60fps.
BTW V_R - do you have such things like rivals and other activities greyd out for you?Just wonder if its my net or smth else

Last edited:
Associate
Patch has made things worse for me. Keep getting a stutter every few seconds if I use the unlocked framerate. Was pretty smooth before. Also having issues getting online, don't seem to be able to join a session.

Soldato
Why then you telling me i cant have MY opinion then?
You seems little bit salty - feel free to not read my posts,but when same person constantly talks about how game "not worth" that or that it makes me wonder.
Of course it bothers me - just like any other game (opinion heh? ).If you dont care that game runs badly for other OcUK'ers then i think you have issues.Your post clearly shows that.
It runs well for majority,it runs bad for some - dont make things up - OcUK forum is absolutely small % of people who play this game.

I'm not salty at all, I like the game. Nobody's denying you anything, it's you who quotes other people and writes stuff like "dude, don't judge the game just because it runs bad for you" or "it's not my problem but yours". Don't you see it makes you look childish and obnoxious? You don't see me or anyone else saying other people can't enjoy the game because it runs bad for us. That's the difference, I'm happy to accept the game runs OK for many people, you have to attack everyone who got a refund.

Where did you find that "I don't care that the game runs badly for other people" bit? The only thing my post "clearly shows" is your inability to understand basic English....

Face it, there are problems with the game, there are articles on the problem and it's not exclusive to OCUK.
I'm not attacking your opinion as I don't care what you think. You're not some kind of VIP here. I'm attacking your obnoxiousness towards other people.

Soldato
It might be mine as well, even with the issues. Depends what else comes out. It's the closest to my ideal driving game, though. Especially the car selection.

Soldato
It might be mine as well, even with the issues. Depends what else comes out. It's the closest to my ideal driving game, though. Especially the car selection.

I've bought many so called 9/10 or 10/10 driving games but never got into any of them. I risked it with this as I have a X1 too. Didn't like Forza 6, but this is simply amazing in every department for me, even taking out a "Groove" subscription because of it!

Soldato
The only driving games I really love are old NFS, especially 2&3, Motorstorm and the Colin McRae Rally series/Dirt Rally. This one is great for me as it combines stuff from some of my favourite racers with ridiculous number of cars and an open world. I'm taking it slow, just driving around and filling my garage with favourite cars.

I'm just slightly miffed about launch issues and performance in surfers paradise, otherwise it'd be perfect.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I get this. It's a pain and makes picking options a PITA

Yes - this is the main issue for on PC,but i have XB1 in living room and game looks quite close to PC on 60" 4K TV,bar 30fps of course,so i mostly play there so upgrading is not a problem.
God knows whats causing all those stupid small issues on PC,but apart from low fps upgrade system,no other issues for me.
I just hope they fix this crappy MS Store/Forza issues before Forza 7
BTW - maybe we can do online during weekend ?

Soldato
Anyone up for co-op at some point? I need to do 10 races for the achievement.

Trying to capture all the cars now but think i'll just ignore it and do them as they pop up.

If you see me online and can form a group I'll help out, still waiting for TonyNotTurbo to get online and send some invites ;)

Ps, since the update the game runs much smoother for me at higher resolutions and higher settings... bizarre !

Back
Top Bottom