Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
That sucks, since the latest patch I'm running ultra @ 1080p and getting 50-60fps most of the time.

GTA V gave me much better performance out of the box though.

How strange - is that 50-60fps in the city too?

I'll have a play later, I've not done much with the graphics since launch and kept finding my FPS dipping from 60 to 30 so locked it to 40fps. That's at 2x MSAA too.

Soldato
How strange - is that 50-60fps in the city too?

I'll have a play later, I've not done much with the graphics since launch and kept finding my FPS dipping from 60 to 30 so locked it to 40fps. That's at 2x MSAA too.

No it drops to 40s in the city, anisotropic is set to 16x and msaa is set to 8x and everything set to ultra.

Soldato
The pop-in can be a bit weird I accept but the shadows for me look nice and move well and realistically along with foliage.

I have no idea why it would look so bad to you.

Shadows look bad, unless my game is broken. They look jaggy and weird in the rainforest.

Realistically? They update in visible increments, it looks horrid and is easily visible in forested areas;p

Soldato
Still won't run for me. First run (on a cold boot) it reaches the title screen 'Press Enter/A to Continue' freezes and then CTD.

Continued attempts to run the game this boot cycle usually crash out at the Playground Games logo but sometimes just throws up a black screen after the initial splash screen.

Tried all the fixes I can see online and now lost as to what I try next!

Soldato
Still won't run for me. First run (on a cold boot) it reaches the title screen 'Press Enter/A to Continue' freezes and then CTD.

Continued attempts to run the game this boot cycle usually crash out at the Playground Games logo but sometimes just throws up a black screen after the initial splash screen.

Tried all the fixes I can see online and now lost as to what I try next!

Are you using Avast?

Transparently the game doesn't get on with Avast at all.

Soldato
ok that patch i just got is making ultra 4k possible on a single 980ti. That is the single greatest optimisation job ever seeing as microsoft force no sli on us. 40-60 fps and now not feeling jittery. Like the smoothest non 60fps game I've ever played. I'm not on the latest nvidia driver but the XXX.90 ones before because the latest ones are gash for forza 3 h. There are no other games that look like this that I can run ultra on 4k on a single 980ti

Soldato
Thank you Forza, one of the best sounding cars in the game
A0D9BDC3-8C3B-4441-8C0B-7DC9DF27C9D3_zpsccujvmo0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom