Forza Horizon 4

Soldato
Running it @ Ultra in 2560x1080, its ultra wide support is perfect

2z69nc5.jpg
I'm running at 3440x1440 and the ultrawide support is good but not perfect. When the game transitions I get black bars at the sides for a second. "Cut scenes" are rendered with black bars on the top, bottom and sides. when driving it's fine.

The game is also immense at 120Hz

Forza%20Horizon%204%20Screenshot%202018.10.28%20-%2016.04.47.75.png

Wish I didn't have to have a goofy avatar, a racing suit would be fine.

Soldato
Man I joined up with the convoy last night and felt like an idiot. First of I picked the wrong NSX with an S1 instead of A then I didn't have time to change my car for the next race and started off in a reliant supervan.

Next time I'll do better.

LOL I was legit in tears on the second race when you had the Reliant - I was behind you and saw you struggle for traction and nudge up against Ceaton, he corrected his line by turning into you and you just went absolutely flying off towards a house on the side of the road. Wish I could have saved that replay! That race was torture though in an A class car, the laps felt crazy slow and I ended up quitting, shame though, it's the first time Persil's been near the front of the pack :p

I'm hoping we can do the same again later and get a few of us in a convoy to race - Ceaton and I are usually in TeamSpeak so if anyone else has it, we can send details over :)

Soldato
Nobody said what kinda race it was so we had s2 A and V4antom lol . Yeah im not sure what it is but i seem to struggle with the ai in those team races . Or make a mistake and it auto rewinds me to last :( . Im not keen on the s1/s2/X cars in some of these races.. there just to fast and you dont even get out of second gear.

I did make a custom race for "Elmsdon on sea sprint " Its basically 5 laps of flat out racing on the motorway . decent xp and cr . There is quite a few variants of it up there but i drove it slowly to get all the checkpoints in the correct places and for it to run smooth .. There is a glitch at the start which says u miss a checkpoint but thats the game and i cant fix it .. But it does allow you to get the win everytime . Feel free to try it and rate it ;)

Also not sure how many of you have tried watching the streams on Mixer . But well worth leaving it open in a browser . I average about 130k Influence every day from it so helps getting levels and wheelspins .
Also feel free to stop by the discord .. Been quiet of late but notice not many people have joined !! https://discord.gg/sNtDphD

I also have a few other ways to race if you wanna cheap way to win races and make some xp/cr

Soldato
I keep forgetting to join the crew, i'd be up for joing you all for races and stuff.

Discovered yesterday the Ford Fiesta ST is an amazing A class off roader, You can just throw it into red line corners without braking.

Saturday I was playing with a group of friends and one had that huge volvo truck, so we did the some online races where I discovered my amazing Fiesta, he came flying out of nowhere in this truck and it was like being in a Cartoon, like pumba from lion king comes charging in and sending the hyena's flying but with cars dispersing in every direction xD

Soldato
I have teamspeak and Discord so can pop on either, definitely better than trying to message.

TBH if you have the xbox app on PC (might not need it idk) you can just create parties on there and voice chat. I'm actually really impressed with the cross play, I can play online, join parties and chat with my pal who's playing on xbox.

LOL I was legit in tears on the second race when you had the Reliant - I was behind you and saw you struggle for traction and nudge up against Ceaton, he corrected his line by turning into you and you just went absolutely flying off towards a house on the side of the road. Wish I could have saved that replay! That race was torture though in an A class car, the laps felt crazy slow and I ended up quitting, shame though, it's the first time Persil's been near the front of the pack :p
Aye I had to give up on that race as that car is literally undriveable.

Saying that I got it over 500MPH! See if you're in a small car and the train hits you... Launched like an absolute rocket.

Soldato
Good shout on the Xbox app doing voice - will have to try that later, might be easier than getting people to download TeamSpeak or Discord.

@Snaggle yeah Ceaton and I tend to play on unbeatable AI, its a good race if you're near the front running AI, but the rubber banding they display is frustrating as hell. Even maxxing out the Mclaren F1 at 280mph, there's a Ford Focus or something behind you doing the same speed if not faster on long straights.

Perhaps we could do some straight PvP racing minus the AI - could be more fun.

I definitely think using voice chat would be a big advantage, it's such a pain alt-tabbing out to send a message to people individually. Would help us co-ordinate cars for races better!

Soldato
Windmill challenge? Don't forget you can rewind, also when you rewind, or stay paused after the rewind the cars continue to move so they can get out of your way.

Also also, different times of day have different amounts of traffic. Sometimes there is none.

Soldato
If you mean the danger sign, I hit it @268 MPH to get my best jump, thought it was unbeatable till Persil did better 30s later:eek: His car is just to fast:)

Not sure why mine is faster .. It is tweaked for top speed ... but most i have seen is 182 and thats on the downhill part of the motorway . Not managed to go through the speed trap at that

Soldato
Can you be in 2 crews? I am already in one but you guys seem to be a lot more active and having more fun :)
no

------

Really enjoyed doing the British racing green story.

Hopefully the first expansion should be out soon, well if they follow the same sort of timeline as FH3. Blizzard mountain came out in December.

Underboss
i was hoping to format my PC today, but the part i have ordered still has not come.
So instead even though ive been busy (in and out of the house) i had a good opportunity to update my router today, so i did that

i will be online later to see if that helped

Soldato
Fingers crossed for you Shi!

My internet is being switched over currently so I may or may not be about later. I played offline yesterday and got a BMW '05 E46 M3 - the car I've been wanting since the game come out!

Back
Top Bottom