Forza Horizon 4

Anyone else been having issues trying to do a ranked race?

Every time i've attempted I wait 20 mins, then it tells me players found, get to the screen where it tells you what type of races it is (A class, road racing) then it disconnects back to free roam, every time.

Anyone else been having issues trying to do a ranked race?

Every time i've attempted I wait 20 mins, then it tells me players found, get to the screen where it tells you what type of races it is (A class, road racing) then it disconnects back to free roam, every time.
I was trying the other day and I was getting similar.

1. Wait a few minutes.
2. Get a prompt to join.
3. Not enough players.
4. Go to 1 several times.
5. Join and choose car.
6. Drop out into a new session with no error, no warning and no explanation.

Eventually it finds a game and starts but it was a coinflip as to whether I was then actually disconnected with a message. TBH even when I got into a game I just ended up rage quitting due to the fact that ranked team adventure is actually an atrocity. Honestly it's not fun and not competitive.

TBH I think I might go get FM7 for some competitive as the challenge in this game is pretty weak. I quite like the idea of rivals and have had some fun but it's execution as events and from an interface perspective is very poor.

What I would love is to have some Vs. championships or races which are matchmade, though in all honesty they will also probably end up full of idiots who ram you off, go into hairpins at 200mph etc...

In fact...

What do you guys think to agreeing on a certain day where we can get together for race days so we can all race together and race nicely (also agree on voice comms)... I can make a new thread to make sure we get visibility and update with dates etc.

In fact...

What do you guys think to agreeing on a certain day where we can get together for race days so we can all race together and race nicely (also agree on voice comms)... I can make a new thread to make sure we get visibility and update with dates etc.

I'm 100% up for this. I find it difficult to get races going with actual people, and would genuinely love to get involved. The Team Adventure stuff is awful and there's not really much challenge left in the game for me (racing AI is dull).

We could change up the events weekly and agree on a class/PI rating in advance so everyone has time to build and tune a car for it.

I too have been thinking of getting FM7 for more competitive racing, it doesn't look half bad.

I was trying the other day and I was getting similar.

1. Wait a few minutes.
2. Get a prompt to join.
3. Not enough players.
4. Go to 1 several times.
5. Join and choose car.
6. Drop out into a new session with no error, no warning and no explanation.

Eventually it finds a game and starts but it was a coinflip as to whether I was then actually disconnected with a message. TBH even when I got into a game I just ended up rage quitting due to the fact that ranked team adventure is actually an atrocity. Honestly it's not fun and not competitive.

TBH I enjoy it but rarely do it based on how long it takes to get a ranked game going with many repeats of the above loop :(

I play the playground modes though, online racing makes me rage too much with people using you as their brakes etc.

Note to self...

DO NOT DO GOLIATH WITH SIMULATION DAMAGE/TIRES

LOL I thought my car was so off it's usual pace at the beginning and couldn't work out why, it felt like the controller was a little laggy. Plus on the high speed bits as you come out of the village and past the handful of twistys with the jagged rocks on the side, my car hit a couple of the minor bumps and the front kept lifting off like it was about to take off!

I still didn't think much of it, it was only when you come out of the 'highlands' bit that I hit a bump and ended up doing a bumper to bumper roll. Car wouldn't accelerate much after that so I had to retire haha.

I was sat there in pole position thinking "look at those chumps, I'm fast as **** boiiiii" then I hit a fence and after that my car wouldn't turn properly, then because I couldn't turn properly I hit a house and it just snowballed from there until I quit too.

I tried it again with sim damage for the lolz and the closer I got to the end of the race the slower I got until I finished dead last. I didn't even smash into anything.

I was sat there in pole position thinking "look at those chumps, I'm fast as **** boiiiii" then I hit a fence and after that my car wouldn't turn properly, then because I couldn't turn properly I hit a house and it just snowballed from there until I quit too.

I tried it again with sim damage for the lolz and the closer I got to the end of the race the slower I got until I finished dead last. I didn't even smash into anything.

Tyre wear maybe? I know there's a whole telemetry page which showed that most of my car was damaged in red which explains why I couldn't get over 160ish mph after my roll :D

Tyre wear maybe? I know there's a whole telemetry page which showed that most of my car was damaged in red which explains why I couldn't get over 160ish mph after my roll :D
you are obviously not rolling properly if you are still able to do 160ish after it :)

I was trying to build up car mastery points in a TVR last night and was really hooning it - determined to get over 400,000 points in one trick :)

I know a few online channels recommend the airfield - but I so much prefer anywhere with hills etc , just find it so much more satisfying hahaaha

Ive done the Goliath a few times now but 7 laps at a time is about my limit, my hand on the controller is hurting too much to last much longer.

Last edited:
you are obviously not rolling properly if you are still able to do 160ish after it :)

I was trying to build up car mastery points in a TVR last night and was really hooning it - determined to get over 400,000 points in one trick :)

I know a few online channels recommend the airfield - but I so much prefer anywhere with hills etc , just find it so much more satisfying hahaaha

Ive done the Goliath a few times now but 7 laps at a time is about my limit, my hand on the controller is hurting too much to last much longer.
The airstrip is pretty good I think I'm up at 3m in one but remember that past 500k they don't convert into unlock points. I generally rack them up in the hoonigan focus and also have the skill song house. Also get a lot from doing Goliath in a skill boost car.

I have done 10 laps on Goliath before with pretty much no breaks, didn't really get cramps but it does start to fatigue the brain after a while, making more mistakes and zoning out.

These days I find that doing 3 laps is a good way to grind a bit of money/influence and a nice way to compare different cars speeds. I probably did about 6 or 7 laps last night but only a max of 3 at a time.

I've been having a ton of fun tuning my Ferrari F355 in A class

I've been playing about with it for days, I've grown very emotionally attached to it now lol. I've spent probably 12 hours tuning and testing it, and I still feel like it nowhere near finished, this is the first time I've tried to tune a race car though, so lots of stuff to learn!

I've seemingly managed to fix my random crashes in game. I could play for a bit before it'd crash, then it'd crash again not long after, and the third time would usually let me game for a couple of hours at a time.

Deleting a particular MS hotfix (the one for Spectre/Meltdown) and a Reddit fix seemed to fix the issue for me.

I need to test game again , connecting too more players before I install anti virus and the like which may have been the cause
I'll be online this evening, add me as friend, shiwarrior
Snaggle on tonight?

I'm on tonight - we'll try and get a decent sized convoy going and do some races.

I think being on Discord/TS would be beneficial too so I can apologise in person for crashing into anyone :)

Back
Top Bottom