Forza Horizon 4

Soldato
You buy the car with forzathon points (150 i think) then you can do the seasonal race with it

the weird thing was that nothing was showing up to buy - however Im meant to pay for it ( ie I would kind of expect the car to show up as available - even if it also said "must be bought with forzathon points" or something similar - rather than absolutely nothing :)

will do a forzathon and then try again - cheers

Soldato
the weird thing was that nothing was showing up to buy - however Im meant to pay for it ( ie I would kind of expect the car to show up as available - even if it also said "must be bought with forzathon points" or something similar - rather than absolutely nothing :)

will do a forzathon and then try again - cheers

The forzathon shop is not in the same place as the where you get normal cars

Soldato
That race was pretty ace last night @V4NT0M - really enjoyed that one, had a mare on a couple of turns trying to keep up, kept overcooking into the bends trying to keep the speed up! The ending was pretty class though.
Aye, that was pretty good, I kept looking back to see you gaining and thought you had it right at the end.

I also don't know how you guys are doing those speeds into that speed trap, neither the F1 or the MC12 FE can do it for me lol.
You've got to make sure you have a good tune, you're going into the speed trap the right way and that you have enough of a run up. Some of the run ups I have done have been pretty janky, was flying towards one of them last night in the agera.

Soldato
well i tested both cars on the motorway . 720s and the lambo and both will hardly pull 250 flat out down the hill with max power tune .. Sooooo im not sure how yer taking 4 corners flat out within a few mph of there max speed

Associate
OP
well i tested both cars on the motorway . 720s and the lambo and both will hardly pull 250 flat out down the hill with max power tune .. Sooooo im not sure how yer taking 4 corners flat out within a few mph of there max speed

Which engines are you using? The racing V12 seems to be the one to go for, even if it shows as having slightly less power than others. Bear in mind that the 720s and 720s PO are slightly different, the PO version seems a little more beefed up, similar to the Aventador FE. Also makes a big difference tweaking all the camber, suspension and aero settings.

I'll see about getting my run on video showing the line I take if you'd like, might be easier to see how we are taking the corners and at what speeds etc.

Soldato
I was going to cry foul that it's kina unfair that the top of the speed zone leader boards were the Maserati and Mclaren both of which never seemed to be on the auction house. But eventually got the mclaren and can't seem to tune it that well, managed to get to rank 49 on that one but have beaten some others.

Also tried more ranked, honestly what a dumpster fire. Twice in freeroam rush my car got completely stuck and would not reset or rewind.

If you try and race well there's ten people just flying into the corners at super high speed smashing everything, people ramming you off the road.

The races themselves are crap too, it'sbasically anything goes at the class it chooses rather than say, rally cars on a rally track it's just anything.

I rage quit last night after my car got stuck in its side for the first freeroam rush and then at St very end of the second race some ***** **** ******* rammed me into the barrier.

Not sure if this game actually offers what I want at "end game", there's little matchmaking and I still cannot find a way to see the top laps for courses.

Underboss
Just for all your information if anyone is interested

This evening i have been bench marking this game, and I had a GTX970 when i first got this game, tonight i had a RX 390 in, and it did run better (now at 144HZ because of freesync screen), now I am running this game on an RX580 and its now SMOOTHER than the last 2 GPUS !
feels so much better !

Soldato
Had real trouble making a game tonight, could not find a server when starting an event so messed around in freeroam.

Just for all your information if anyone is interested

This evening i have been bench marking this game, and I had a GTX970 when i first got this game, tonight i had a RX 390 in, and it did run better (now at 144HZ because of freesync screen), now I am running this game on an RX580 and its now SMOOTHER than the last 2 GPUS !
feels so much better !
The game is sublime at 3440x1440@120Hz

Forza%20Horizon%204%20Screenshot%202018.11.04%20-%2016.47.12.62.png

Soldato
Grabbed a 30-day Gamepass code for new accounts dirt cheap so I'll play the hell out of it for a month and if don't get bored of it in that time, I'll buy it:p If I don't manage to finish it by then:D

FH3 Ultimate was worth it for me in the end but I didn't even manage to finish all of it so I'll go with Gamepass before splurging.

Associate
OP
I've managed to get up to 22, not sure how you've managed those extra MPH... You got some kind of trick?

237075276.jpg

Oops, meant to edit my last post.

I'll upload my tune tonight to see if it makes a difference, If I remember rightly I'm running with zero camber on the front, a little bit of positive on the rear plus a tiny bit of toe out on the rear. Suspension is all stiffened a little bit, max aero on the front, minimum on the rear. Some tweaked diff settings with I think a balance of 90% to the rear.

There seems to be a sweet spot when you gently move the analog stick, it turns in very fast with tonnes of grip, If you go full whack on the initial turn in then it will just squeal and lose speed. If you can turn in gently at the beginning of a corner then you can gradually increase the amount as you go through and it still stays very grippy. I've basically tried to take a line through the corners where I can turn as gently as possible for as long as possible.

So on my video if you slow it down:
0.06 - I turn in gently as I pass the sign on the right
0.08 - Gently turn in to the right, trying to go as wide as possible (I actually turn in too early in the video and don't go as wide as I can).
0.11 - Gently turn to the right just as I pass the the sign on the left, gradually increasing the amount on the analog stick to try and use as much of the road as possible. Because I turned in too early the in previous corner I'm not wide enough in the video and end up turning in early again, slightly clipping the grass/curb on the way around.

Back
Top Bottom