Soldato
had an hour or two on it today, enjoying it. Own the overall game though, I'm not sure why but it just feels a bit meh this time around.

Soldato
Enjoying the Hot Wheels addition it’s similar to the previous Hot wheels add-on but turned up a few notches. Have not really played much off the standard game as tbh I get bored really quickly and feel like it’s all been done before. It’s a bit Assassins creed now tbh…..

Soldato
Have just done most of the Hot Wheels DLC. Just need to do the two 50 mile challenges, although I don't see how I can do the Tour one as I don't have Xbox Gold or whatever it is.

It feels a lot like the FH3 version, pretty good fun but quite frustrating at times trying to go round/up corners/bends etc and not hit the walls and bounce endlessly from side to side whilst the other cars disappear into the sunset. I had to repeat a few races as I kept spinning out whilst doing loop the loops in S1/S2 cars but hadn't hit a wall or another car. I couldn't work out what going on until I did the ultimate burnout and beep horn challenge. I wasn't able to get the horn to beep until I checked the settings and found I'd turned it off in the main game. I then also spotted a Hot Wheels steering assistance option and wondered what would happen if I turned it off. Found it much easier to drive faster cars at speed through loop the loops and didn't spin out. I think what must have happened is that I was doing tiny steering alterations to keep as straight as possible and the assistance was mis-interpreting this or overcorrecting for it and forcing me into a spin.

Associate
Have just done most of the Hot Wheels DLC. Just need to do the two 50 mile challenges, although I don't see how I can do the Tour one as I don't have Xbox Gold or whatever it is.

It feels a lot like the FH3 version, pretty good fun but quite frustrating at times trying to go round/up corners/bends etc and not hit the walls and bounce endlessly from side to side whilst the other cars disappear into the sunset. I had to repeat a few races as I kept spinning out whilst doing loop the loops in S1/S2 cars but hadn't hit a wall or another car. I couldn't work out what going on until I did the ultimate burnout and beep horn challenge. I wasn't able to get the horn to beep until I checked the settings and found I'd turned it off in the main game. I then also spotted a Hot Wheels steering assistance option and wondered what would happen if I turned it off. Found it much easier to drive faster cars at speed through loop the loops and didn't spin out. I think what must have happened is that I was doing tiny steering alterations to keep as straight as possible and the assistance was mis-interpreting this or overcorrecting for it and forcing me into a spin.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had steering issues! 9 times out of 10 going round a loop the exact same thing would happen to me - I'll need to try and turn off that setting and see what it's like.

Soldato
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had steering issues! 9 times out of 10 going round a loop the exact same thing would happen to me - I'll need to try and turn off that setting and see what it's like.
Hope it helps you as much as it did me. :) I was fine in the lower categories but when I got to S1/S2 with the faster cars and higher speeds through the loops it became impossible to control the car.

Soldato
Been playing Horizon 5 last couple of days as a bit of a change of pace from TOTK, very impressed so far.

Looks and plays great, I much prefer arcade racers these days which are more forgiving of my old man skills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom