Forza Motorsport (10/10/23)

I'd happily ditch the 2023 part, its one of the biggest gaming disappointments full stop. Still bitter about buying this...:mad:
I'd never played a FMS game; my first Forza was Horizon 5 (Gamepass) and that was such a fun game. I'd heard great things, a solid competitor to the Gran Turismo series, so I was very excited to play it. I'm astonished at how bored I felt so quickly. For context, I play on a Fanatec DD setup, and the game feels nice when racing, but it's just so dull.

I'm starting to get the same feeling I get with MS Flight sim, when it works it's enjoyable sometimes great but there's lots of times where issues or low quality in game assets, graphics\sound\control etc just bring it down. Seems now that a lot of the cars seem like they have little to no sound in the cockpit, I tried a several including a saleen s7 Turbo and at first I thought it was a new electric car :D

chat completely knackered tonight, no one in lobbies could hear anyone :cry: names flashing up all over place on mic but zero chat sound, m8 had same on his xbox x, this game is a total clusterf**k:cry:

i had a banner pop up mid range saying user banned:eek:, causing me to crash out, but im not even banned:cry: plus i drive fairly and never ram, so that was werid

Last edited:
It isn't great is it! 120fps and then into the 50s on parts of track. Power draw just drops and frame rate falls off a cliff. Hell of a mess. I started the career on my daily 6700 and was stable with optimised settings. Just big swings with the 7900xtx.

i had to abandon FM, its just royally ******, bought a ps5 for GT7 and loving the daily races n MP lobbies, shame really as been with forza motorsport from the beginning but they screwed it up big style this time

the biggest issue is that FM was released as an unfinished game, barely any tracks, ran like a sack of ****, no mp lobbies, a clusterf*** of a penalty system, not forgetting FM went woke with locked frame rates during mp races.

and perhaps the biggest mistake was releasing as free to play with game pass, that allowed the idiots on mass to wreck mp with constant ramming.

the biggest issue is that FM was released as an unfinished game, barely any tracks, ran like a sack of ****, no mp lobbies, a clusterf*** of a penalty system, not forgetting FM went woke with locked frame rates during mp races.

and perhaps the biggest mistake was releasing as free to play with game pass, that allowed the idiots on mass to wreck mp with constant ramming.
Massive update today, 8.7GB. Patch notes are a mile long.

Well what can I say. It's Night and Day after this patch. I raced the tracks again last night that had terrible performance before the batch and it's done the trick!

"PC [Microsoft Store and Steam]

• Numerous under-the-hood improvements to reduce CPU spikes and better utilize the GPU, helping to improve framerate consistency while driving. [1536749, 1651623]"

Will definitely check out the Nordschleife over the weekend. Can't see me ever spending much time with it unless they somehow deliver significantly better single player content.

Can't see any suggestion they've addressed the steering issues with a controller either.

Back
Top Bottom