Forza Motorsport (10/10/23)

The car points system is horrible in this game, I can't just pick a car and modify it for fun anymore. I don't get it.

Also why no proper career system, a whole go from ground up and getting paid to drive for teams etc would've been far more engaging than the current system.

Sad, been waiting on a slightly more than arcade racer for a while.

Have the devs perhaps dumbed down the graphics for pc, but it looks nice on the Xbox X?
Yes i would say so but then this could be said for most games developed these days and consoles take priority.

Shame really they could have pushed the boat out a lot more on pc but nope.

Have the devs perhaps dumbed down the graphics for pc, but it looks nice on the Xbox X?
though an older GT7 looks better, thats pretty telling tbf,, forza could have been a showpiece on pc, instead ended up an lazy unoptimized port, i would have even preferred a delay to pc to give it the look and feel, rather than this mess, not just graphics, wheres all the tracks, car sounds are so off, they may as well farted in a tin the exhaust sounds so bad at times, they just seem as they couldnt be ar5sed

whats with this game, it changes gpu settings when it feels like it, jus had 2 races ,max 3ofps, 1440p was running high with DLSS(so i thought), was doing around 70/80fps in race this morning, come home today 2 races neither above 30fps, like wtf, last race was down in mid 20's looked like a ps3 game ffs :cry: , it had changed my settings to ultra and switched of DLSS:mad: had to get out of last game as could take mid 20fps, high of 29fps with no traffic and pulled over for screenshot,
Forza-Motorsport-15-12-2023-20-03-01.png

whats with this game, it changes gpu settings when it feels like it, jus had 2 races ,max 3ofps, 1440p was running high with DLSS(so i thought), was doing around 70/80fps in race this morning, come home today 2 races neither above 30fps, like wtf, last race was down in mid 20's looked like a ps3 game ffs :cry: , it had changed my settings to ultra and switched of DLSS:mad: had to get out of last game as could take mid 20fps, high of 29fps with no traffic and pulled over for screenshot,
Forza-Motorsport-15-12-2023-20-03-01.png

It's just a **** show of a game.

though an older GT7 looks better, thats pretty telling tbf,, forza could have been a showpiece on pc, instead ended up an lazy unoptimized port, i would have even preferred a delay to pc to give it the look and feel, rather than this mess, not just graphics, wheres all the tracks, car sounds are so off, they may as well farted in a tin the exhaust sounds so bad at times, they just seem as they couldnt be ar5sed

I think it's either laziness or just a complete lack of talent. Maybe all the good Devs have left and MS have hired rubbish ones. I think the same has happened to Starfield/Bethesda.

Forza is just an incredibly poor and pointless game that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's like some stupid **** in the dev team forgot it was supposed to be the "Motorsport" version, and not like Horizon. What is the point in releasing the 8th iteration of a game if it doesn't really add or improve anything? Even the new FIFA/F1 games etc kind of have a reason for existing every year as they have new rules, new liveries, new driver or player line ups etc etc.

some strange goings on last 2 days, im getting like part frame flashes during the race, like a previous part of frame frame appears as a flash, doesnt put me off, but its a little annoying when hurtling into a corner and i get a flash

Just installed this, took ages as my internet is slow.
I tried a Forza before and didn't like it and have to say, still don't like this.
Comparing it to AC, although I don't think it's supposed to be in the same league, I just don't like it.
Also, the brake pedal gives almost instant brake and I can't see how to adjust it, AC you could amend the slope.

Ive been playing this now since release and ill be honest.... ive had zero errors or issues... it runs maxxed out at 4k a smooth 60fps and no slow downs or crashes. The ONLY thing i see is some errors on the cars on the starting grid as it loads ( occasionally ).

As for game play its ok i guess, much like forza 7 but feels a bit less involved. I had a ps5 with Gt and this looks miles better, the reflections and shadows in the rain at night are amazing!

I guess its very picky with hardware or people have dodgy pcs/drivers/windows installs? honestly not had a single issues with it, runs perfectly.

Well tbf your in the minority as the amount of issues are huge. Just look at the Forza reported issues then tell me just because you have a high end GPU that's solves issues. :cry:

Last edited:
Even without any technical issues it's still dreadful in many respects.

The 'career' that isn't a career being foremost as far as I'm concerned. I box-ticked the majority of the series it released with, but can't find any incentive to bother with the ones added since then. It just feels like the repeating the exact same things with different cars - where's the *progression* to longer races/championships which involve things like pit stops or any sort of strategy?

GT7 is all box-ticking as well, but at least there was far more variety in the content.

The 'career' that isn't a career being foremost as far as I'm concerned. I box-ticked the majority of the series it released with, but can't find any incentive to bother with the ones added since then. It just feels like the repeating the exact same things with different cars - where's the *progression* to longer races/championships which involve things like pit stops or any sort of strategy?

GT7 is all box-ticking as well, but at least there was far more variety in the content.
honestly GT7 walks over FM, then u turns and walks over it again, millions better, even graphically better in quite a few areas, yet older n inferior hardware,wish never got rid of my ps5

Yep, it's not a career mode at all, it's just picking an eligible car, forced to do the 3 laps of practise on a course you know inside out, just so you can begin an actual race, rinse and repeat. And it looks so muted compared to GT7. 6 years in the making, seriously?!

honestly GT7 walks over FM, then u turns and walks over it again, millions better, even graphically better in quite a few areas, yet older n inferior hardware,wish never got rid of my ps5
And that's depressing because it could use a lot of improvement for the single player too.
For me, I'd probably put Forza Motorsport as my biggest gaming disappointment of 2023. Never had much hope for Starfield.

I was in last night and what a mare. Couldn't change tyres or fuel on grid. Every race taken out multiple times. Taken out a few times and given penalties ffs even though I was slammed into and use as their brake. And those smoking cars do my head in. You literally ant see anything in front of you.. they have to be banned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom