Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
No surprise to see this getting good comments.

Hoping to give the TT a go at the weekend if I get a chance.

What are peoples fave car(s) in the demo?

Can I ask any of you guys with decent 5.1 are you getting enough deep bass from this game? For some reason it wasnt coming through my buttkicker but will have to recheck my own connections or maybe the demo isnt fully using the .1 LFE channel properly?

i noticed a definately lack of bass from the engines. then i crashed in to a wall and the room shook. its not quite right imo

Soldato
the time trial is addictive lol

Aye :(

1:13.721 with the mini,
1:10.948 in the evo
1:05.787 in the R8

Think there's easily ~0.6-7 in the mini, 0.5 or so in the evo and a good second in the R8 for me,

Also starting looking to see if I can find any cheap wheels, although it'll be a pain having 2 wheels, damn ms and not having G25 support :p

Soldato
I shall be hitting this up tonight once I get home, should be interesting to see how it stacks up compared to NFS:S and PGR4 which I play a large amount.

I really must be more diverse with my games xD

Soldato
Aye :(

1:13.721 with the mini,
1:10.948 in the evo
1:05.787 in the R8

Think there's easily ~0.6-7 in the mini, 0.5 or so in the evo and a good second in the R8 for me,

Also starting looking to see if I can find any cheap wheels, although it'll be a pain having 2 wheels, damn ms and not having G25 support :p

Do you mind if i add you?

You seem pretty quick so it will be good to battle someone from here.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I hate my ghost. :mad:
Poxy thing is Always just in front putting me off. :( + :p
I want the real game more than anything now, I want more tracks & more cars & modding & dealing & messing & racing. :D

Caporegime
Really enjoying this at the moment. Only ever played the demo of Forza 2 but I think this'll be a day one purchase for me.

Out of interest how much does a steering wheel really help? I'm using a controller at the moment and appear to be roughly 5 seconds slower than the top drivers with the Mini which isn't really competitive :o

Soldato
FAO TimBrad

As your clued up on FM3 has anyone reported anywhere on the FM fansites that this demo can work with triple system/screen config. I understand it take 3 systems 3 displays and whats a joke in also needing 3x Gold accounts?
Curious if it auto detects even though the options dont show it on single system usage.

Please also note guys im wondering, as you do...
Has T10 stated if this demo is from a full build or previous build prior to retail?

Already been answered while I was at work mate, but just thought I'd let ya know I saw it ;)

Soldato
Really enjoying this at the moment. Only ever played the demo of Forza 2 but I think this'll be a day one purchase for me.

Out of interest how much does a steering wheel really help? I'm using a controller at the moment and appear to be roughly 5 seconds slower than the top drivers with the Mini which isn't really competitive :o

A wheel won't get you 5 seconds, but for me at least I find it far easier to drive a smoother and more accurate line with a wheel than a gamepad, also it's easier to not understeer all the time due to turning the tyres far too much.

So it should make you a bit quicker, but not 5s, probably not even a full second on it's own, although it's hard to quantify....

Soldato
Played this loads, love the mini :D Can't help but be disappointed with the graphics, yes there a step, yes they are pretty nice, but the aliasing just isn't there and the car models really do pale compared to GT5 (Yes, I know blah but still).

The gameplay however is brilliant, just what I wanted ;)

Soldato

Some are faster with a wheel, some are slower. I'm slower, so i stick to a controller online and use the wheel against AI for entertainment.

The really fast guys make up a tiny percentage of those that play, many of them have spent a LOT of time getting to where they are, very few can just pickup the game and compete with the best.

Open up the leaderboard (press Y at the track selection screen), then press X to see the times of people near you. Work your way up the list and look for a 1:15/1:14 time with an icon in the column of the paperclip symbol, highlight the player, click A and select race ghost. No point racing a 1:12 ghost because you won't learn much from it if it's to far ahead.

GL :)

Back
Top Bottom