Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

with an icon in the column of the paperclip symbol

What does that symbol mean? been bugging me since I noticed it earlier :p

Racing after TIMDOG/i-bert's Mini lap........ Jesus that's fast. Helped me trim my own time though.

Aye, damn quick, I can get to the hairpin at the bottom of the hill quicker than him (rough estimate of 1-2 tenths, so not much) but I just can't hook up the rest of the lap to match him, but he helped me drop down to 13.4, 'only' 4 tenths to go :p

Racing after TIMDOG/i-bert's Mini lap........ Jesus that's fast. Helped me trim my own time though.

3rd gear is your friend in the mini, even if it means keeping it on the limiter on some of the straights.

After the first big tight left hander, i just keep it in 3rd until the finish line i think.

Thats what i do anyway, there is still 1 sec to find somehow.

Last edited:
yo latts i when is the turbo s review happening mate?

Turbo S wheels havnt dispatched yet, remember? ;)
Patience I will have prob one of the first reviews in the UK...

Nice to see more of you guys showing interest in playing with wheels.
I have a wee surprise coming later tonight at gtf as it is Friday....

Last edited:
3rd gear is your friend in the mini, even if it means keeping it on the limiter on some of the straights.

After the first big tight left hander, i just keep it in 3rd until the finish line i think.

Thats what i do anyway, there is still 1 sec to find somehow.

I shift to 4th briefly at/just before the crest before the final turn, not 100% sure it's quicker but it seems a fair way to be bouncing off the limiter (assuming it's the 1 time in 100 I actually make the left before that straight decently and I'm about at the limited just before the crest :p)

I shift to 4th briefly at/just before the crest before the final turn, not 100% sure it's quicker but it seems a fair way to be bouncing off the limiter (assuming it's the 1 time in 100 I actually make the left before that straight decently and I'm about at the limited just before the crest :p)

Sorry , yes you're right.

I'll try it with the wheel later. See if i'm any quicker.

Wouldn't you rather be playing Q2 again old friend:)
Hi thundy, hows things? family's doing okay i hope. The Q2 days where the Golden years, perhaps more so because my PC was far more stable back then (i.e. it worked :D) :o

Oh, and i heard from swerve the other week, he's done his leg in tripping over a kids toy that was left on the stairs :eek:.. He's got a TS server, if you want the IP send me an email and i'll forward the details to you. Old Tuco's still about too.

Hi thundy, hows things? family's doing okay i hope. The Q2 days where the Golden years, perhaps more so because my PC was far more stable back then (i.e. it worked :D) :o

Oh, and i heard from swerve the other week, he's done his leg in tripping over a kids toy that was left on the stairs :eek:.. He's got a TS server, if you want the IP send me an email and i'll forward the details to you. Old Tuco's still about too.

Hahah only swerve could do that:D I have sent you an email via trust.

TC

It signifies that there's a Ghost/Replay available. Although at the moment, only Ghosts are active.

Cheers for the answer btw, next question though, how come my time doesn't appear to have a ghost/replay saved for it, is there something special I have to do? or is it just cause It's my own time?

Just done a 1:13.148, only 2 tenths behind i-bert, I will beat you, even if it takes me the whole weekend of just hotlapping the mini :p

'Scuse me butting in but that wouldn't be DBS Tuco? your referring too? :)

Cheers for the answer btw, next question though, how come my time doesn't appear to have a ghost/replay saved for it, is there something special I have to do? or is it just cause It's my own time?

Just done a 1:13.148, only 2 tenths behind i-bert, I will beat you, even if it takes me the whole weekend of just hotlapping the mini :p
Top 100 times, i believe. The higher times (1:15's and 14's) with replay's, i suspect where in the top 100 early on in the demo's release.

Thanks

Its the faster cars that give more of a challenge i think.

I think its pointless trying to run a Time Trial at this point, as i think there is a bug in the demo that registers bottoming out the car as a penalty, so there is no way of knowing if people are using the rewind to get their lap times.

i've noticed this as well. i did a perfect lap with all the cars but the car bottomed out in 2 places round the track first after the start/finish straight during braking and the other is about half way round the track,

as for rewinding i think it shouldn't count as a hot lap, i understand why they put it in the game and i think it will work in getting other less hardcore players into the game but shouldn't be something people can take advantage of just to get to the top of the chart

i would also like to see the penalty show up like forza 2 where if you cut a corner or whatever there should be a timer or whatever they used to add to your lap time if you gain an advantage in this or any other way

but being as it's only a demo i'm sure turn 10 will fix it for the real thing, i'm really looking forward to this game and i'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge and getting a fantec wheel set-up, but it will have to wait as i just per-ordered the forza3 super elite bundle and LE version of the game, my son was over the moon when i told him he would be getting a copy when it comes out

Back
Top Bottom