Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

went to go play this again, chose the evo for a time trail, xbox freezes. turn off/on and three red lights..second time this has happend due to a forza game
new xbox next month :(

Gah, my mate bought the MS Wheel to go with this, I was planning on buying Forza anyway but was gonna play with a joypad, now, not so sure :p Would ideally like to get a PS3 and 360 wheel but the only one is the new Fanatec Turbo S which, with pedals is about £250-300 :(

GT: Bovine Public (Had to get a free months trial for this)

Feel free to add me, gonna be playing this for awhile

Edit: might seem like a stupid question, is there anyway to remove the other cars from the grid?

Last edited:
Just to expland on Memphis's post:
Press Y at the track selection screen to enter the leaderboard and then press A with the top row selected to start hotlapping mode.

I did a couple more races earlier, and really not sure what to think of the game now.

The physics/handling in terms of a single car are reasonably good, not proper pc sim level but good nonetheless.

However in terms of collisions between 2 cars I'm not so impressed, you can clobber other cars far harder than I think should be possible with no real effects on either car, I almost feel as if this has been 'dumbed down' to appeal to a greater market...

Then there is the AI, in some aspects they're good, although they still make silly 'mistakes' like turning in on you, but it's hard to code a really good ai, so I'll let them off that.

What disappoints me is the speed of the AI, even on 'Hard' they're fairly slow, I won a Mini race by something like 7 seconds, and it was only in the last corner of the first lap that I gained the lead.

I can imagine the hotlapping/leaderboards being fun, and maybe the online racing if you find a good bunch to race against, but the actual single player I can imagine being a chore...

I did notice earlier that the AI suffers from Need for Speed itis. I didn't take the start so I could get a clear run at a lap after a 30s wait. Coming out of the hairpin on the second lap there was the AI driving like Miss Daisy. I was going a good 30mph faster than the cars I overtook.

Yeah AI coming out of that hairpin is weird so slow...
Some of you guys been posting excellent times.

Ive yet to have a proper go at the demo, hope to see how I can compare.

Curious, whats the general thoughts on Pad Vs Wheel for players trying both?

Last edited:
Yeah AI coming out of that hairpin is weird so slow...
Some of you guys been posting excellent times.

Ive yet to have a proper go at the demo, hope to see how I can compare.

Curious, whats the general thoughts on Pad Vs Wheel for players trying both?

Tried it with the pad at first and have done quite well. It took all my effort to get a 1:10.2 in the evo.

Just had about 30 minutes witht the wheel and managed a 1:09.9. You have a great deal more control and feedback, so you should be in heaven with your setup.

I dare say that we have an above average rate of good drivers here on OcUK :cool:

My mini time is in the low 1:13's, off hand i can't remember the other's but the GT3 i really don't get on with due to my Tremor, it's the only class outside the top 1000.

I'm currently trying to reach the times some of you lot have posted - not there yet!

Been out and bought a MS Wireless Wheel today, only had a short go but seems very good. Tomorrow I have to find/make a suitable stand for it as the FFB is stronger than I thought.

Will be spending a lot of time on this game so if anyone wants to add me my gamertag is Paul2k12.

Happy racing

PS, I think FM3 is great and looking forward to receiving the full game soon!

Tried it with the pad at first and have done quite well. It took all my effort to get a 1:10.2 in the evo.

Just had about 30 minutes witht the wheel and managed a 1:09.9. You have a great deal more control and feedback, so you should be in heaven with your setup.

That's humbling to know given I'm down to 1:10.4xx with the pad :).

Back
Top Bottom