• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Free copy of GRID with AMD Products - 4800 Series!

Associate
yeah, delivery cost's arent very good :D
I dont live in UK, but in EU country and for 1 gfx card its 19 pounds, which is resonable, for 2 its 40 pounds :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OK everyone who has mailed me before 4pm has had their copy of GRID posted via Royal Mail 1st class, give it upto 5 days to arrive and have fun. :)

Associate
yeah, delivery cost's arent very good :D
I dont live in UK, but in EU country and for 1 gfx card its 19 pounds, which is resonable, for 2 its 40 pounds :eek:

Well to be honest that's what it costs for us to ship to the UK too, and compared to some prices in other european countries there is a very good reason to buy from OC.

Soldato
I shop at said retailer and have spent around £1000 in the last month alone purely for that offer. I'm sure many other people are the same.

i find it becomes most usefull when all you want is something like a small non heavy heatsink, or even when your just after a tube of thermal paste!

Couldnt OC do a weight calculated shipping cost, and under a certain weight you get it free? obviously would be a little difficult to work out, but if done right it could be good :)

Soldato
Sounds like good stuff :)

Its nice to have people from the shop telling you whats going on in a relaxed manner, if you asked another big E-tailor what there doing to improve the business you'd probably get a reply worded with as many big words as possible and as bluntly as possible

Why make things stupidly complicated. You have a goal and you need a way to get there. Why spend time making it so you need a translator at both ends to work out what you are doing. :p

The support side of the company is now industry leading and with our new testing department we have the capacity and ability to do quality component test each and every time on returned items.

We have made a lot of internal tweaks to make the whole company more customer focused in the service we are able to provide, you can actually now know what is going on where before it was like most etailors and clouded in mystery! Just phone us up and we can provide you a very accurate status update on any order or return; down to who is currently holding your order in our warehouse or who is testing your graphics card. :D

So much more to come in the future, all I can say is watch this space.

i find it becomes most usefull when all you want is something like a small non heavy heatsink, or even when your just after a tube of thermal paste!

Couldnt OC do a weight calculated shipping cost, and under a certain weight you get it free? obviously would be a little difficult to work out, but if done right it could be good :)

Our shipping is done under weight "bands" at the moment, each product adds weight and the price goes up according to this.

Soldato
Hmmm.

I am confused.

Am I not able to get a free copy of GRID? I bought my 4870 a couple weeks ago from OcUK, emailed Gibbo with address and everything including order number and he has not got back to me, I emailed him at like 10pm last night.

I guess that means I aint getting one if he aint replied? Or is he using forums due to high volume of emails he will be getting spammed with?

Soldato
Hi guys,

We have sold 1000's of this graphics card, all Gibbo is doing is printing the emails out and giving them to members of the team who are then putting a copy of the game in a envelope after verifying the claim.

It has required several refills of the purchasing teams printer just for requests of the game, there are not enough hours in the day to reply to all of the emails!

Fan mail is fine too, we all like a bit of that. :D

Soldato
Since I replied last night you think I'll get a copy? Sounds like insane amounts have allready gone though.

If I get this copy of GRID for free you can have as much fan mail from me as you like :p.

Associate
Lovely idea Gibbo.

I was winging to the missus at my luck (well more like laughing it off) and then when i sneaked on at work this morning i see the offer and off goes my email.

Im not telling the missus as she will want half the cost of the game for some wine or some other twisted womans logic because of this :D.

lol

Associate
One thing I would love to see Overclockers start using is the ability to pay via PayPal.

I practically make all my purchases via PayPal because I use it for transactions when selling old equipment, thus have money in there that I won't transfer to my bank account.

So please Overclockers, have the ability to pay via paypal.

Soldato
Thanks Gibbo for that generous offer of the free game, maybe that will stop people moaning about the cost of delivery. I love the promo you run where you can have goods delivered saturday for the regular weekday price, try and get saturday delivery at other retailers at a sensible price..NO GO.

Soldato
Can't run that offer every Saturday unfortunately as Sat delivery does cost a fair bit more.

Everyone who sent the email before 4:00 today has had their copy shipped and should get it within the next few working days. After 4:00 we still shipped a few but most will go tommorrow.

Back
Top Bottom