Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Man of Honour
I have to say, this offer has made a difference to my preferred supplier of components for my PC repairs and services.

A few weeks back, I needed some laptop memory for a desperate client. The item landed on the door next morning at no extra charge. The client got his laptop back that afternoon and he was well happy. So the good service enabled me to provide a more efficient service.

Cheers OCUK

Soldato
Shame this does not cover the Channel Islands.

I was not aware there was a price difference with Royal Mail Special Delivery as we get bulked under "UK Mainland" Next Day requirements.

Associate
Oh looks like I qualify for this now, Years of lurking have now paid off. :)

On a a serious note I know who will be getting all my business.

Soldato
Ynot - some of the smaller/lighter bits seem to have free shipping to northern ireland :)

makes me buy more stuff from here!!

a competitor actually charges more to ship to NI than to the rest of europe!!!!!

Some courier rates are funny.

I used to do some business with Ireland, 2 couriers I believe FedEx and Interlink were cheaper to ship to Ireland than NI :confused:

Soldato
Thats a cool idea, ...although sounds too good to be true, lol...

So if I have 100 posts I get free postage? =O

Yup, seeing as you've been registered for over a year :)

This offer applies to

* OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
* OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts

Associate
Oh ok cool, thanks very muchly, ill try not to spam to get to 100, (must resist) lol. =D

I have been buying a lot of stuff off of OC for my company (so with company account and with company funds ofcourse). Would that still be ok? I dont want to abuse the offer and get it taken away.

Thanks

Soldato
Oh ok cool, thanks very muchly, ill try not to spam to get to 100, (must resist) lol. =D

I have been buying a lot of stuff off of OC for my company (so with company account and with company funds ofcourse). Would that still be ok? I dont want to abuse the offer and get it taken away.

Thanks

I've done the same thing myself ... don't see why that would be a problem to be honest :)

I choose where to buy at work, we don't order many big bits so I tend to use OcUK because I know the shipping will be free ! Although I don't have a seperate account for work afaik, use the same one.

Associate
Cool, yea cause the free shipping option will make it highly likely that I would be allowed to purchase more gear from OC (as we are constantly being told to watch the pennies, lol)

Thanks

Associate
This may be a bit odd but due to personal circumstances I don't have my own OcUK account, all the stuff I have bought has been via my wife's debit and credit card so the account is in her name.

Can I link my forum account to her shopping account so that when I get enough posts I can get free delivery? (Not going to be anytime soon due to a longtime lurking habit but I am beginning to show my face a bit more now :p).

Back
Top Bottom