Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
Can you unlink a forum account? I tried to register ages ago but it got held in the moderation queue. That account is linked to my OcUK shopping profile but I'd obviously like it to be this one instead.

Soldato
I just placed my order with overclockers for a OcUK Mega Mat XXL Premium Elite Tactical Gaming Surface and previously you used to get free DPD next day delivery with your orders as a member of the forum which was great but now its changed free royal mail second class delivery.

I guess the delivery cost has become to much for overclockers to bare but it would have been nice to have been informed about the change or maybe its dependent on what you order ?

Soldato
Free delivery has always been "best way" even when it first started. I used to do small but regular orders when system building knowing I could pick most of it up at my post office round the corner than having to drive 12 miles to the courier depot if I missed the delivery. When they introduced deliver to locker it was cheaper for them and more convenient for me for larger items.

Commissario
ok thanks for clearing that up AiiR :)

Is the value over £50 ?
From memory it's a combination of value and size/weight, I think their system is smart enough now to look at a few variables and work out what method to use.

So something that's worth £25 might get shipped RM if it's small/light, but if it costs less to ship it via DPD it'll go that way, whilst something like a £500 CPU that might be able to be shipped first class (for weight/size) will most likely get shipped DPD because of the value.

Soldato
It usually depends on the size of the item, I've ordered things that cost 50p from the clearance and still had free delivery but via Royal Mail.

In the past it's been slightly annoying when I've placed an order and it's getting shipped via Royal Mail then order something later in the day that comes via DPD but they don't stick the RM items in the DPD box.

Soldato
In the past it's been slightly annoying when I've placed an order and it's getting shipped via Royal Mail then order something later in the day that comes via DPD but they don't stick the RM items in the DPD box.

It would require a lot of manual intervention I imagine, especially if your first order has already been picked and packed.

Associate
sorry moderators can you please delete my posts #2837 #2836 #2835 as there seems to be no way to edit them and for some strange reason i also cannot post pics here either using imgur links which is why i have repeat posts of the same question...sorry for this

Soldato
Overclockers provide free delivery for loyal members, maybe one day you can become one:)

You might want to remove those competitor names or you could face a ban.;)

And if i am spending a large amount of money with overclockers then i don't mind paying for a decent delivery service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Wait banned for speaking freely on a forum? because i mention other online retailers, seriously? if that's the case then they know they have something to hide and if that's so and that's how they run there forum then i wouldn't want to be "a loyal customer" or a member of the forum, what has it come to when people can't speak freely and are censored for having an opinion, omg.

Soldato
Wait banned for speaking freely on a forum? because i mention other online retailers, seriously? if that's the case then they know they have something to hide and if that's so and that's how they run there forum then i wouldn't want to be "a loyal customer" or a member of the forum, what has it come to when people can't speak freely and are censored for having an opinion, omg.

I just tried adding most of your competitor links "today only" type deals, some of them charged delivery regardless of what was ordered, all but one had special requirements to get free delivery. Only one of your stores listed had free unrestricted delivery and they don't exactly have good customer service. OCUK delivery for forum members is free for any item.

Back
Top Bottom