1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spie, Nov 19, 2008.

1. KonfuciousK

Gangster

Can we use a parcel drop-off type service as the UK address to qualify for free shipping? Or would that be using technicalities to defeat the spirit of the law?

2. HazardO

Underboss

You would have to ask the shop directly. I would have thought it would be fine as the limitation to UK addresses is primarily there to prevent having to pay high fees shipping to foreign countries. There might be an issue if the parcel drop off service won't sign for the receipt of the delivery.

3. David Flett

Hitman

i linked my account as it says free shipping / does not qualify?

Last Activity:
    A moment ago

4. David Flett

Hitman

its working now second time around

5. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

You won't get it on everything. We only get it on cheap/lightweight stuff that can be posted RM 2nd class up here because DPD classes anything north of Dundee as Highlands and Islands. Anything bulky and we have to pay. Even paying for delivery we can't get next day delivery due to DPD's second rate service up here.

6. ubersonic

Capodecina

This thread is a nice reminder of how cool Spie was, RIP.

7. Cheroulam Nab

Gangster

Been gone for years from OCUK, but trying my best to contribute and try and stay on topic while increasing post count obviously. It's amazing that they even do this to be honest. I am curious how they maintain this probably through a deal with the delivery companies?. I am considering placing an order soon without free delivery for now and when I finally hit the threshold for free delivery I will be really happy and I will order more stuff :D.

8. Slam

Hitman

I qualified for the free delivery by giving my contact details at a London technology show, I was quite sceptical... you don't often get something for nothing, but Overclockers were/are legit

9. angel102

Gangster

*wipes sugar from free haribo packets from mouth*

absolutely.

10. aimless

Associate

What items qualify for free delivery?

11. RJC

Don

All items, I believe.

12. aimless

Associate

Thanks.

13. Joeyuk

Gangster

Just got the free shipping. Shame the MM is 1000 as I can’t see me ever getting there.

14. David Flett

Hitman

I’m trying to buy a 1070 and it’s saying £9 odd for postage but in my account says I qualify for free shipping

15. doug_1986

Gangster

Is it 1000 now?!

16. Jamie Archer

Gangster

I'm getting close to this now if this is still active and the 100 posts for being a 12 month forum member still applies?
    I think it is an awesome promo/gesture but it would also benefit ocuk too as there are many times the postal cost kills it for me and i end up ordering locally or finding cheaper alternatives. Paying almost £10 for a couple of cheap fans and a tube of thermal paste isnt great lol

17. HACO

Hitman

It's always been a 1000.

18. kitfit1

Mobster

Erm, no it hasn't. When i first joined this site it was in the low hundreds, i can't remember the exact figure.
    The big reason for the massive increase in posts was to stop all the chancers and rip off merchants from joining, and then spamming threads for a few weeks just to get access to the MM. It was a good move to be honest and has kept the integrity of the MM secure ever since.

19. RJC

Don

It used to be 250 posts and 3 months.

Cant remenber the excact data it changed.

20. kitfit1

Mobster

Sounds about right to me RJC, although i don't remember the 3 months rule...................maybe it was there all the time and took me more than 3 months to reach it :D