Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Associate
Lol ok so the last 3 comments tell me everything i need to know and my initial post was deleted i think it's clear to stay away from overclockers store and bias forum, thanks for making it quick and easy, i'll be sure to pass on what i've discovered thx for your time.

Soldato
Lol ok so the last 3 comments tell me everything i need to know and my initial post was deleted i think it's clear to stay away from overclockers store and bias forum, thanks for making it quick and easy, i'll be sure to pass on what i've discovered thx for your time.

Bias? I went through your list.

One was free delivery on orders over £20 which could take up to a week. They are a giant logistics company with their own warehouses and drivers all over the UK so why it takes ~5 days to ship something... oh wait you can pay extra for quicker delivery.
Two offered free delivery over £50, not much use when the item I wanted on offer was £45. Pay an extra £4 for delivery or add a usb stick to get it over £50, might get that delivered sometime next week. One of those stores used a delivery service that is so unreliable you'd be lucky to get the order at all within the time frame.
One was a US based shop and wanted £17 on a £45 SSD to import from the US.
One wanted delivery starting from £5.48 for courier, it is possible to get free delivery if you post on a different forum with a minimum order amount, meet other forum rules criteria, but none of that is advertised on their shopping site.
One had cheap delivery from £1.99 per order but as soon as anything of value was added (£50 SSD) it went up to £6.95.

There was only one in your list that offered free home delivery without restriction which they could afford to do as their markup on their product takes into account it taking up retail space and not just warehouse space. Even though they advertise that their staff test the products it's not generally done for PC components and not really much help.

Being a member on here is more than free delivery, I've had more troubleshooting help than any large warehouse/shop could offer from other members, had great advice on what to buy and what products to avoid and this goes further than PC hardware. Try and ask on Amazon support why your motherboard is not POSTing and they'll issue you a returns label, deem it not faulty and charge you for the return, on here members will try to diagnose and fix your problem.

Caporegime

Hold on, you've come on here, to these forums which are provided by the very store that you wish to buy from, and mention competitors and then whine about it when it gets deleted, then take your ball to go play elsewhere? Sounds like OcUK dodged the bullet on this occasion, not you.

Associate
How have I only just seen this? It's one of the very few things that have irked me a little about buying from here. Happy days.

Associate
This is great of OCUK, It deffo gives more of an incentive to be more active on the forums and helps create a decent community for all. There's many times i will refrain from buying an item because the postage kills it, if i can get where is needed to qualify then it will help me out and no doubt add a few more sales onto OCUK's books. I presume this benefit is still running? id rather not give myself arthritis, typing solidly for 3 months to pay full postage at the end anyway LOL!
If it is still valid then it's certainly a nice reward and gesture to the loyal OCUK Customers...Thanks Guys

Associate
Probably me missing something. Just tried linking my account up so I could see the basket I created earlier but it doesn't seem to be accepting my email address and password.

Did I miss something obvious?

RJC

RJC

Don
Probably me missing something. Just tried linking my account up so I could see the basket I created earlier but it doesn't seem to be accepting my email address and password.

Did I miss something obvious?

Not sure if the below could be the issue:

WHO QUALIFIES

This offer applies to
  • OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts
This offer does NOT apply to
  • Banned or suspended members
  • Members who do not satisfy the qualification requirements above

Associate
I would have thought I could link my account up still, even without qualifying for the free shipping.

Mind you, I would also have expected the system to save my basket even without logging in at all so what do I know?

Associate
It clearly states in the original post
  • OcUK reserves the right to choose the method of shipping, which for the purpose of Free Shipping will be DPD Next Day or Royal Mail Standard Delivery
Royal mail is usually used for small stuff

Associate
So... I worked out what I was doing wrong and now get the option to click on the 'Link' button, but when I do I get this:

< divclass= "modal_oc_confirm_forum_link" >< divclass= "heading" >< spanclass= "heading" > Confirm Link< /span>< ahref = "#"class= "modal_close"title = "#ModalActionClose#" >#ModalActionClose#< /a>< /div>< divclass= "message" >Linking the forum account will remove the forum account from any other shop account. Are you sure you wish to continue?< ahref = "javascript:addForumLinkAjax();"class= "button-right small_right confirm"title = "Confirm" >< span >Confirm< /span>< /a>< /div>

Instead of the confirm button it should be bringing up

Soldato
So... I worked out what I was doing wrong and now get the option to click on the 'Link' button, but when I do I get this:

< divclass= "modal_oc_confirm_forum_link" >< divclass= "heading" >< spanclass= "heading" > Confirm Link< /span>< ahref = "#"class= "modal_close"title = "#ModalActionClose#" >#ModalActionClose#< /a>< /div>< divclass= "message" >Linking the forum account will remove the forum account from any other shop account. Are you sure you wish to continue?< ahref = "javascript:addForumLinkAjax();"class= "button-right small_right confirm"title = "Confirm" >< span >Confirm< /span>< /a>< /div>

Instead of the confirm button it should be bringing up

I've got the same issue. My account WAS linked, but now I'm being charged for delivery for some reason, so trying to relink it.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom