Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

Filled up the car twice and both scooters once so far this week.

p-diddy-money.gif

Unleaded prices around here are dropping fast at all the non-supermarket garages - one "out in the sticks" down to 169 - can't remember what they had diesel at though. Unfortunately a bit out of my way. Supermarkets down to 193.9 for diesel while the rip off garages are still at 199.99.

Seen a few news bits that the AA RAC etc are blaming supermarkets for keeping prices high. No idea if it is true but that is the headline.

Basically supermarkets are usually the first to drop and they're just not dropping. We're seeing the likes of shell and esso going down here to prices below supermarkets.

The Esso garage in the town I work was apparently causing mile long tailbacks a couple of days ago due to the number of people queuing to get fuel when it was cheaper than the supermarkets.

Basically supermarkets are usually the first to drop and they're just not dropping. We're seeing the likes of shell and esso going down here to prices below supermarkets.
Genuinely wonder if there is going to be some sort of logic behind this around not putting price of food up but absorbing extra costs elsewhere (eg at the petrol pump)

Bugger. How long does it usually last, and where is it being held?

I’m driving to Wales later today via the M4
  • The first protest will see vehicles travel northbound on the M5 between Bridgwater and the Almondsbury Interchange from about 8.45am, then head east along the M4 and to junction 1 of the M32. There the convoy is expected to exit, stop for a period of time, before conducting the same route in the opposite direction, arriving back in Bridgwater in the early afternoon
  • A second protest group is due to set off at 8.45am from the same location and carry out a slow-moving protest to the Bristol Road Shell garage. They are expected to block the forecourt during the morning, police say.

Back
Top Bottom