Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

More air = more mpg right?

20220729-143103.jpg

how do costco manage to get it so low? i know you got to buy a costco membership card so you get ripped on that up front to compensate?
Costco membership is under £20 a year IIRC but definitely much less than a tank of fuel these days.

They almost certainly use it as a loss leader as they're always a good 10-20p less a litre even before the price went mental.

If the Brum one didn't involve me having to go through the torture of using the M6 rather than the A5 to get home from the office I'd fill up there.

lot of regional variability payed 1.74 norwich tescos yesterday and 1.79 @js near cambridge 3 days ago;
local competition from nearby independents was a big factor for supermarket competitive pricing from recent govt report,
if I buy petrol at supermarket, I'm likely to pop in too, no additional purchases at an independent though.

Costco membership is under £20 a year IIRC but definitely much less than a tank of fuel these days.

They almost certainly use it as a loss leader as they're always a good 10-20p less a litre even before the price went mental.

If the Brum one didn't involve me having to go through the torture of using the M6 rather than the A5 to get home from the office I'd fill up there.
That cheap membership is for online shopping only. Its much more expensive for in-store and petrol

Back
Top Bottom