Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

Small independent garage the other day was charging £1.99 for both.

The guys a right miserable sod so I suspect he doesn’t really care wether people come or not.
Probably bought at the height of the prices and now refuses to sell at a loss no matter how long it takes to empty his tanks.

the quiet - I think price is now just the new normal , and everyone adjusted their car use according to budget
... bicycle parking at the swimming pool can be full by 9:30 on sunday, Instavolt places there too, rarely seem occupied.

I guess this thread going quiet is an indication prices have been dropping all over the country :p

The lowest I've seen around here now is £1.61 for regular unleaded, but I'm bumping the thread as I just got an email from our fuel card company saying they are expecting prices they are charging to rise ~5p from Sunday.

Seems a little against the grain since the oil price is still falling isn't it?
Still 184.9 for diesel here in Morrisons, so they're still taking the ****.

yes - most people holidaying in france are benefitting from their govt subsidy.
... don't forget your duty free allowance on returning - a brexit present

meanwhile in the sunlit uplands
Fuel subsidy – The government’s fuel rebate (on petrol/gasoline and diesel) will be increased from €0.18 per litre to €0.30 in September and October, and then in November and December it will fall to €0.10

Read an interesting article earlier explaining how due to rising energy costs, petrol is getting more and more affordable as an alternative to public EV charging. Obviously for those who can charge at home there are decent savings still to be had from EVs but seem significantly diminished for those who don't have the option.

Obviously a different equation for performance cars, due to poor mpg, but if you're at 40mpg or above it's not THAT far behind, apparently.

Last edited:
Read an interesting article earlier explaining how due to rising energy costs, petrol is getting more and more affordable as an alternative to public EV charging. Obviously for those who can charge at home there are decent savings still to be had from EVs but seem significantly diminished for those who don't have the option.

Obviously a different equation for performance cars, due to poor mpg, but if you're at 40mpg or above it's not THAT far behind, apparently.
Let’s not forget all the mining and environmental destruction to get the materials for batteries. Emissions are just being exported.

Back
Top Bottom