Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

Not much variation in prices around here cheapest for UL is morrisons @ 152.9p, sainsburys is next at 1.53.9p but esso and others are only a few pennies more which suggests supermarket prices are high, there used to be a much wider gap between the supermarkets and esso texaco etc

Last edited:
Seems crazy to say but I was pleasantly surprised to find 11p has dropped off diesel at the local Asda in the last 5 days. Was 183.9 last week, went today and it's 172.9.

Almost every service station had "no HGV fuel" lit up on the route between Derby and Middleborough yesterday

Irony is the places which were out over the weekend have it now, while the couple of garages which still had diesel over the weekend are now out. Seems to be some slight delivery issues triggering a certain amount of panic buying :( making the situation worse than it needs to be.

Seems crazy to say but I was pleasantly surprised to find 11p has dropped off diesel at the local Asda in the last 5 days. Was 183.9 last week, went today and it's 172.9.

Thats cause diesel prices have plummeted even more. Our Shell card for this week is £1.5164 for diesel. So still over a 20p differential. Your Asda in normal times should be about £1.53 this week, £1.55 max.

Last edited:
petrol near me in norfolk has gone under 150 now also down to 148 in once place others are 149 just switched to diesel though so paying about 171.9 currently

Last edited:
Some kind of fuel shortage at least in my area today. Noticed big queues at Tesco again and then this evening one Shell totally out of fuel and next Shell didn't have any VPower.

£1.47.9 for Super unleaded at Costco Edinburgh. I think I've saved over half my membership in the past 3 months.
beats 170 BP's brand of super in cambridge ... I'll maybe wait, do prices typically increase / decrease at xmas - more private travel+strikes, less diesel HGV's ?

Back
Top Bottom