Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

beats 170 BP's brand of super in cambridge ... I'll maybe wait, do prices typically increase / decrease at xmas - more private travel+strikes, less diesel HGV's ?
I don’t believe there’s much of a fluctuation, and even historically it doesn’t compare to the blatant profiteering going on.

Also in my experience BP have always been one of the more expensive places for petrol and have been for a decade or more. Every BP I’ve ever seen is usually 2-3p more per litre.

Last edited:
Most places low or out of diesel around here again by the end of the day, mostly due to delivery disruption for some reason - annoying me a bit as it means everyone panics making the situation worse...

Most places low or out of diesel around here again by the end of the day, mostly due to delivery disruption for some reason - annoying me a bit as it means everyone panics making the situation worse...
At least now when it happens the media aren't covering it and amplifying a small issue into a massive one.

Still no VPower at my local Shell today.

Last edited:
Isn’t it weird that there does actually seem to be a shortage or supply issues, but this time the media aren’t on it at all.

Almost like last time was just a whipped up frenzy!

That sound so conspiracy theorist…. Oh no!

150.7 for unleaded at the Asda in Brighton (Hollingbury) yesterday, and 149.9 for unleaded at the Power (Selmeston, A27). Nice to see prices dropping that far, hopefully it goes further!

Last edited:
I’m far from happy about it.

I remember when my dad used to drive to the Esso garage at the Pinnacles and fill up for £4.
not quite like that but I can remember not long after getting my Multipla filling it up for 67.9ppl. I can also remember when the government changed from Gallons to Litres, which I'm convinced was so they could bring in 'stealth' rises. The first budget after that saw 2ppl extra Duty. My Dad said that wasn't too bad until I told him that was around 9p extra on a Gallon. He wasn't so happy after that!

Are they deliberately keeping diesel higher ?

Still seems to be around 20-30p a litre more expensive ?
Apparently diesel price also relates to house heating oil, so if there is higher demand and pricing there it represents higher demand.

20p a litre is the cheapest old slip I kept in the old car, that was for LPG when it was new still not sure about now.

Recommended additive for E10 fuel ?

Last edited:
Apparently diesel price also relates to house heating oil, so if there is higher demand and pricing there it represents higher demand.

20p a litre is the cheapest old slip I kept in the old car, that was for LPG when it was new still not sure about now.

Recommended additive for E10 fuel ?
That’s always been the case but it’s a new thing that diesel is now 20-30p more than petrol.

I use Millers Ecomax.

Back
Top Bottom