Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

As a rough "finger in the air" guess as to the coming increases, last time oil prices was at mid-$90's per barrel (March 2022) the UK fuel costs were about 20p a litre higher than right now for petrol & 10p for diesel at 167p and 179p respectively and both were climbing, hitting £2 by June 2022.

I wonder how close we are to repeating that same peak?
Although as an extra ****take diesel prices have stayed around 20 a litre more than petrol here.

As a rough "finger in the air" guess as to the coming increases, last time oil prices was at mid-$90's per barrel (March 2022) the UK fuel costs were about 20p a litre higher than right now for petrol & 10p for diesel at 167p and 179p respectively and both were climbing, hitting £2 by June 2022.

I wonder how close we are to repeating that same peak?
March you say? and sept/oct and nov 22 spiked into mid 90's
Mar-22​
$112.4​
Apr-22​
$103.41​
May-22​
$110.1​
Jun-22​
$116.8​
Jul-22​
$105.08​
Aug-22​
$95.97​

Last edited:
1.37 Costco Manchester and adjacent ASDA and Eccles Morrison are both 1.38; other stations and brands are in the mid-1.40s already for E10.

Anyone see that thing where you can filter red diesel through cat litter to remove the colour...

My old man used to own a few taxi companies back in his youth. Most if not all drivers were buying red diesel, I remember seeing barrels of it in the yard. Madness, but I can see this happening again I imagine it's easy to get and still in use today due to prices.

Reactions: NVP
When over in Rhodes last week it was noticable how much more expensive unleaded was than diesel, €2.04 compared to €1.72, since diesel has been more expensive over here for some time now.

I guess that's due to different levels of taxation/duty for Greece?

Back
Top Bottom