Fuel price discussion thread (was ‘chaos’)

Ok so I think I have figured what's going on, the latest refund for free fuel happened too, £85 :D

In the Esso app you set a fixed amount, for me me I have it at £100 and then the app/system refunds the difference back, so if my fillup was £85, then £15 gets refunded within a day or so. What seems to be happening is instead of refunding the £15 difference, it's refunding the opposite and I'm getting the amount I filled up for refunded.

Not bad.

Will prices of diesel continue to fall? This must be the lowest it's been for years. Most garages in and around Peterborough now sell diesel for just under 1.39 a liter.

Ok so I think I have figured what's going on, the latest refund for free fuel happened too, £85 :D

In the Esso app you set a fixed amount, for me me I have it at £100 and then the app/system refunds the difference back, so if my fillup was £85, then £15 gets refunded within a day or so. What seems to be happening is instead of refunding the £15 difference, it's refunding the opposite and I'm getting the amount I filled up for refunded.

Not bad.
Time to start filling up for your mates and charge them a bargain 50% off retail :D

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
I think they have fixed the issue now! Although I recently connected my Nectar card to the Esso app (I only really use it to collect points from eBay purchases), and seems you get additional points and lower priced fuel by pairing it all up:

NqfaLnh.jpg

I think they have fixed the issue now! Although I recently connected my Nectar card to the Esso app (I only really use it to collect points from eBay purchases), and seems you get additional points and lower priced fuel by pairing it all up:

NqfaLnh.jpg
Since your original post I have been using the app, selecting £100 and filling to around £70. Never received and incorrect refund, unfortunately!

I did get the 5ppl off though

Aye looks like they've sorted it, ah well

My only issue with the Esso app is that it's got some mad latency in fetching data off Esso servers. They really need to improve the back end.

Aye looks like they've sorted it, ah well

My only issue with the Esso app is that it's got some mad latency in fetching data off Esso servers. They really need to improve the back end.
Yea, I don't think I've filled up yet and it's told me that the transaction has finished.

Have to shut the app down and check recent transactions to make sure I've paid.

Filled up today at £1.469 a liter, might be cheaper as I’m in Jersey. Cost me £27.94 to top up the tank, it wasn’t nearly empty still had 3 bars remaining. I’ve paid over £35 before when the prices were high. I’ve also paid less than £25 when they were cheaper.

Although I try to avoid using them.like.the plaig .

Asda diesel over the past few weeks gone from 140 to 144

Back on the rise to start shafting motorists again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom