Fuel up/down again

Soldato
Filled up for 99.7ppl at ASDA - first time in over 6 years has the litre dial on the pump gone faster than the cost dial. :D

Local Shell and Jet are 103.9ppl and 101.9ppl but I ain't noticed no difference in my 15 year old Megane. :cool:

Associate
[TW]Fox;28974294 said:
But you said..

'at this low oil price, oil companies do not make any money.'

This is completely untrue.

But you said oil companies do not many 'any' money. Now you concede they do?

You said 'at this low oil price, oil companies do not make any money.'

Not 'at this low oil price, oil companies who produce oil from solely North sea fields do not make any money.'.

And I'm sure as a result some of the less diversified firms are, as you say, not making any money. But many others are. Shell don't just make money pulling oil out of the ground and selling it to commodity speculators on the futures market.

Your comment was just not true.

Stop playing with my words. You know what was said. If you don't agree then accept it as my opinion and believe what puts your mind at rest.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just heard on the news that Diesels gona be below a £1 now at supermarkets (with proper garages likely to follow), Morrisons suppoedly started now, rest, Asda, Tesco etc... from tomorrow, will be 99.7p, and they are saying it'll be low all year.

Soldato
Just heard on the news that Diesels gona be below a £1 now at supermarkets (with proper garages likely to follow), Morrisons suppoedly started now, rest, Asda, Tesco etc... from tomorrow, will be 99.7p, and they are saying it'll be low all year.

Excellent, it's currently between 103.9 and 105.9 around here so bring it on!

Soldato
I'm still paying 114.9p for Shell's finest.

Here for 95RON it's 99p for the usual places, still 107p at our only Shell and 114p for the LOLBP. VPower is still 117p locally so I'd been sticking to Momentum @ 104p.

Went out of town to visit relatives yesterday and spotted a Shell opposite our destination. It was only 102ppl so I said 'Great, I'll brim up on VPower while I've spotted a cheap one!'. Er, not so much. Regular was indeed 102ppl but VPower was 122ppl. That's twelve quid extra for the tank! I filled up on their cheap 95 and haven't noticed the difference anyway lol.

Our Costco is 97p for 95 and 99p for 97 atm but we haven't been to that end of the city this week, so it's pointless making a special journey just for fuel.

Back
Top Bottom