Fuji X Series

Last edited:
How many other independent tests have you seen that cite this as a issue, too?

They even say that shooting RAW (as you should ideally be doing) will produce identical results. :)

That is two totally different review sites which have mentioned it and I have seen it mentioned elsewhere. The 16MP jpegs apparently seem nicer out of the camera than the 24MP ones.

Remember a lot of people do shoot jpegs and the Fuji RAWs are not that well supported by many free RAW utilies let alone popular ones like Adobe ACR. Plus,cameras like the XT10,and XE2S will be replaced by newer bodies using the new sensor and these will be less orientated towards RAW shooters anyway.

You are also assuming that every person buying a Fuji mirrorless camera also has a calibrated desktop monitor or a more expensive laptop with a decent screen. From my own experience I would say that is not really the case.

For me this is a bit dissapointing,as I will probably be picking up an XT10 or XE2S for the family as a general purpose camera for when we visit places. The decent colour out of camera is one of the reasons we want one,and not having to fiddle in RAW all the time.

If their successors have mediocre colour instead of that "Fuji look" its going to push people away to other systems. Its less of an issue with XT2 and XPRO2,but more of an issue down the range.

Fuji needs to get it fixed pronto IMHO OFC.

The D600 will still be kept for situations where I really want the best IQ,and are willing to process each RAW picture. The irony of that is the D600 has some of the best jpeg quality I have seen out of any camera. However,even with light lenses its rather heavy.

Last edited:
The same was said when the 16MP xtrans2 came out. I do actually like the jpeg output better from my X-E1 than the X-T1 or X-T2. Is it a massive difference? No. I haven't noticed any differences between the X-T1 and X-T2, none that stand out anyway. I do shot RAW+ JPEG, but do mainly always use the RAW. I like the Acros on the X-T2 so having been using that with jpeg only output, obviously no colour differences to see there though!

I did read one X-T2 review somewhere where they complained of a green tint, but that was a defective body that was fixed by replacing it.

That is two totally different review sites which have mentioned it and I have seen it mentioned elsewhere. The 16MP jpegs apparently seem nicer out of the camera than the 24MP ones.

Remember a lot of people do shoot jpegs and the Fuji RAWs are not that well supported by many free RAW utilies let alone popular ones like Adobe ACR. Plus,cameras like the XT10,and XE2S will be replaced by newer bodies using the new sensor and these will be less orientated towards RAW shooters anyway.

You are also assuming that every person buying a Fuji mirrorless camera also has a calibrated desktop monitor or a more expensive laptop with a decent screen. From my own experience I would say that is not really the case.

For me this is a bit dissapointing,as I will probably be picking up an XT10 or XE2S for the family as a general purpose camera for when we visit places. The decent colour out of camera is one of the reasons we want one,and not having to fiddle in RAW all the time.

If their successors have mediocre colour instead of that "Fuji look" its going to push people away to other systems. Its less of an issue with XT2 and XPRO2,but more of an issue down the range.

Fuji needs to get it fixed pronto IMHO OFC.

The D600 will still be kept for situations where I really want the best IQ,and are willing to process each RAW picture. The irony of that is the D600 has some of the best jpeg quality I have seen out of any camera. However,even with light lenses its rather heavy.

95% of the reviews say the JPEG colours on the X-T2 are excellent. 5% say they are good, but not as good as the X-T1.

To me that says that there isn't really a problem.

The same was said when the 16MP xtrans2 came out. I do actually like the jpeg output better from my X-E1 than the X-T1 or X-T2. Is it a massive difference? No. I haven't noticed any differences between the X-T1 and X-T2, none that stand out anyway. I do shot RAW+ JPEG, but do mainly always use the RAW. I like the Acros on the X-T2 so having been using that with jpeg only output, obviously no colour differences to see there though!

I did read one X-T2 review somewhere where they complained of a green tint, but that was a defective body that was fixed by replacing it.

95% of the reviews say the JPEG colours on the X-T2 are excellent. 5% say they are good, but not as good as the X-T1.

To me that says that there isn't really a problem.

OK,I will take your word for it. I do intend to add more lenses eventually past the kit one and since I tend to be behind the curve it is most likely the XT2 or XT20(or whatever it will be called) that will be my upgrade path when the XT3 or XT30 are released.

OK,I will take your word for it. I do intend to add more lenses eventually past the kit one and since I tend to be behind the curve it is most likely the XT2 or XT20(or whatever it will be called) that will be my upgrade path when the XT3 or XT30 are released.

Yeah, by the time Fuji fix these stock shortage issues in my country and I get my X-T2, I think the X-T3 may be out...

Fuji dropped the ball by not giving the X-T2 a touchscreen imo, it wouldn't have been a stretch to implement and all of the XT-2's peers have it. Would have made movie focus much easier.

I will do a test, see if there is a green tint on the X-T2. Busy weekend though, so not likely to be today.

Its arrived :D

fuji23f2.jpg

Sorry for the poor webcam shot

Its arrived :D

fuji23f2.jpg

Sorry for the poor webcam shot

You'll enjoy it, mines been fantastic so far and it's all I've used in the last 30k miles of travel.

I find it much faster and quieter then my 35 f/2 although I do find it a little softer then my old 23 f/1.4, I've not have any focusing or operating issues in either sub zero or high 40's of the desert, weather sealing seems better as I'm cleaning less then with the 35 although that could be subjective as I've abused the 35 all over the world now and the seals could be getting a bit old.

I'll be posting up some of the work I've done this year soon, started in January when I picked up my X-Pro2 and since then I've covered around 200k miles and taken over 60k photos on my X-Pro with 18/23/50.

You'll enjoy it, mines been fantastic so far and it's all I've used in the last 30k miles of travel.

I find it much faster and quieter then my 35 f/2 although I do find it a little softer then my old 23 f/1.4, I've not have any focusing or operating issues in either sub zero or high 40's of the desert, weather sealing seems better as I'm cleaning less then with the 35 although that could be subjective as I've abused the 35 all over the world now and the seals could be getting a bit old.

I'll be posting up some of the work I've done this year soon, started in January when I picked up my X-Pro2 and since then I've covered around 200k miles and taken over 60k photos on my X-Pro with 18/23/50.

Wow! You certainly do get around... Looking forward to seeing your work :)

LOL,thought some of you would be happy with the prospect of upto £250 cashback on either lenses or cameras.

Have all the Fuji kit I need already:)

Besides, as nice as cashback is, the impact has been lost somewhat with the price increases following Brexit.

Last edited:
Have all the Fuji kit I need already:)

Besides, as nice as cashback is, the impact has been lost somewhat with the price increases following Brexit.

I dunno,an XT10 kit for £340 is the cheapest it has ever been,and is cheaper than even the refurb store with the 10% off code.

Lenses like the Fuji XF 18-135MM can be had for as low as £419 too. Some of the lenses have not increased that much in price,and some retailers like Cameraworld have kept prices reasonable too! :)

Bought the XT10 and the standard lens,and I am quite surprised how sharp the 16-50MM II is TBH.

A bit worrying:

http://mirrorlesscomparison.com/fujifilm-vs-fujifilm/x-t1-vs-x-t2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQpueEvb-U

It looks like the cameras with 24MP X-Trans sensor have worse colour characteristics than the ones with the older 16MP one.

Concerning the RAW files, the X-T1 and X-T2 reproduce the same colour palette with the same settings and camera profiles so there isn’t anything worth highlighting really.

Hardly surprising because they use the same Sony sensors based on the same Sony exmoor ADC, its basically like comparing the many cameras with the Sony 16MP and 24MP sensor found in Sony alpha, some Nikon and all Pentax cameras. Fuji just use a different color filter than the industry standard, gone are the days when Sony used to make their own unique sensors (RIP Fuji S5).

Back
Top Bottom