Fuji X Series

Associate
GIVE ME MY ****ING X-T2 PLEASE FUJI. :mad::(

Ahh, that's better. :o:D

There's loads of stock on the continent, went in 5 shops in Stockholm yesterday they all had stock :confused:

Had a quick play with it, feels lighter then my old X-T1 different finish, still feels premium though and the AF is silly even compared to my X-Pro2.

Soldato
Im still yet to make a decision on what camera to go for! I had nearly pressed the button on a Xt-10 bundle that included the 16-50 and the 50-230 for £619 after cash back but something inside is telling me not to and go for the X-T1 with 18-55 lens instead at £924! Theres no way I can afford the X-T2 so thats out of the question but will the X-T1 be substantially better than the X-T10? The X-T1 will be significantly stretching my budget!

It will be my first decent priced camera so I dont know if Im expecting too much for my budget? I read that the XT-10 isnt great in low light and the flash isnt the best?

I also liked the idea of having the 2 lenses as I would like to get out and take some photography shots and the 50-230mm will be useful for this.

Any further thoughts to confuse me more? Having typed all of that out Im now thinking just buy the X-T10 with the 2 lenses as a decent introduction to photography and if I find Im wanting more in a camera upgrade to the X-T2 in a few years perhaps?

Caporegime
Im still yet to make a decision on what camera to go for! I had nearly pressed the button on a Xt-10 bundle that included the 16-50 and the 50-230 for £619 after cash back but something inside is telling me not to and go for the X-T1 with 18-55 lens instead at £924! Theres no way I can afford the X-T2 so thats out of the question but will the X-T1 be substantially better than the X-T10? The X-T1 will be significantly stretching my budget!

It will be my first decent priced camera so I dont know if Im expecting too much for my budget? I read that the XT-10 isnt great in low light and the flash isnt the best?

I also liked the idea of having the 2 lenses as I would like to get out and take some photography shots and the 50-230mm will be useful for this.

Any further thoughts to confuse me more? Having typed all of that out Im now thinking just buy the X-T10 with the 2 lenses as a decent introduction to photography and if I find Im wanting more in a camera upgrade to the X-T2 in a few years perhaps?

Read some reviews, there are many articles comparing them https://www.google.ch/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=fuji x-t1 vs x-t10

Soldato
Last edited:

olv

olv

Soldato
XT-10 vs XT-1 for me is mostly a question of size. The smaller size of the 10 outweighs the added features of the 1 which is why I have a 10. If the performance of the onboard flash is of genuine concern to you then look elsewhere, seriously.

The Fuji system is brilliant, the cameras are great. For me the real highlight of the system are the lenses. Personally, I think you are approaching it the wrong way and the body is irrelevant. I'd rather have the X-A1 and the 35mm 1.4 than the xt10 with two kit lenses.

Soldato
I had the XA1, the XT10, XT1 and now the XT2. I moved from the XT 10 to XT1 because of the size. The XT1 being able to accommodate the battery grip which was easier to hold using longer lenses. Aren't there any second hand XT1 kits you could consider cheaper than £900?

Associate
I think your gut instinct is spot on, both the 16-50 and 50-230 are budget lenses with plastic mounts, I have both and they sit on a shelf gathering dust, glass is where you should concentrate and good glass will take fantastic photo's on any camera.

Have you had a look at the fuji UK factory refurbished store, comes with a as new warranty and you can get the X-T1 and 18-55 for £849 with a years warranty with fuji and is in stock, then start saving for your first prime as they're really what makes the fuji's special in my opinion.

RaV

RaV

Associate
So I've managed to drop my XE2 with 18-55mm twice now, thankfully the handgrip took the main impact both times. And ive had no issues.

Today I noticed when cleaning the lens with my lens pen that the front element moves. When I push against the glass I can see it moves back a bit if i push near the edges its easy to see that its not really secure or attached around the edges.
Just typing this makes me realise that this is most likely damage of some sort, as my experience with Fuji lenses is that they are very well built.

Guess I will need to keep an eye on it and pay a bit more attention to if it effects image quality. I had noticed that randomly shots in good light might be a bit softer than i expect. But dont think I have anything conclusive yet.
So I'm assuming that this is not normal :p

*update* It looks like when using the wider end of the lens that the oof areas are hazier and have some ghosting, doesnt seems as pronounced when zoomed in a bit. ugh

Last edited:
Soldato
I think your gut instinct is spot on, both the 16-50 and 50-230 are budget lenses with plastic mounts, I have both and they sit on a shelf gathering dust, glass is where you should concentrate and good glass will take fantastic photo's on any camera.

Have you had a look at the fuji UK factory refurbished store, comes with a as new warranty and you can get the X-T1 and 18-55 for £849 with a years warranty with fuji and is in stock, then start saving for your first prime as they're really what makes the fuji's special in my opinion.

Its £569 for the XT10 and the same lens and at least when I handled both in the shop,the XT10 is noticeably smaller and lighter,which might mean it is more likely to be taken out on trips IMHO.

It will also will be in budget and the £280 saved can be put towards another lens.

Caporegime
I don't use them on my lenses either, including the 100-400! the lens hood does a good enough job in my opinion

Try that when a stone flies up and hits the end of your lens! :eek:

But in general, you have to add and remove the lens hood and anything can happen no matter how careful you are.

A "cheap - in comparison to the lens cost" UV filter just adds that extra protection on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom