Fuji X Series

Soldato
I love the 1.4 primes ( I have the 16mm and 35mm, plus the 56mm 1.2 ), and would agree that not having WR isn't much of an issue as most Fuji lenses are well made and quite robust anyway, even the cheaper ones. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the newer 23mm f2, 35mm f2 and 50mm f2 lenses .... they are smaller, cheaper, more weather resistant and focus a lot faster than the older wider aperture lenses. Plus, IQ is great also. But, like Raymond I prefer the wider aperture lenses for portraiture / natural light photography. If I was shooting subjects that require fast AF like kids, family, pet dogs ... then absolutely, the newer f2 primes perhaps make more sense. People just have to figure out what is the best tool for them.

The above in bold is interesting as I was just about to purchase the 35mm 1.4 but its mainly for taking pictures of my son who as with most kids never stands still! Would the f2 lense be better? I was hoping for maximum bokeh but no use if most of the images I take are blurred?!

Caporegime
I have no idea how, where or why but I appear to have lost my 23mm f1.4. I can't find it anywhere in my house and I can't even remember the last time I had it out, agghh! Need to check through my photos to see the last time I used it. :(
What body is this on? I use the 35 1.4 on an XE2 and although it's a fantastic lens, I find it completely useless for tracking anything.
That's because it's on an X-E2, which has notoriously weak continous autofocus. XT-1 will be better, and X-T2 will be much better.

Caporegime
I've watched a few of his YouTube vids, some interesting some not so much...

All PP is done on his phone using VSCO and then uploaded straight to Instagram

The latter part is part impressive and part meh. One on hand I'm impressed it's done on the phone but meh that's it's VSCO.

I'm impressed with more on his direction, not sure what he says in the background or all the models just know how to hit from pose to pose. That's the difference from normal Jane Doe, they would just stand there.

Associate
The above in bold is interesting as I was just about to purchase the 35mm 1.4 but its mainly for taking pictures of my son who as with most kids never stands still! Would the f2 lense be better? I was hoping for maximum bokeh but no use if most of the images I take are blurred?!

Yes, if your main goal is to take photos of your kids then I would go for the 35mm f2 rather than the f1.4. The newer f2 lenses have far faster autofocusing.

Associate
I have no idea how, where or why but I appear to have lost my 23mm f1.4. I can't find it anywhere in my house and I can't even remember the last time I had it out, agghh! Need to check through my photos to see the last time I used it. :(

Oops !! I hope you find it as it's not the cheapest lens !

Caporegime

That's because it's on an X-E2, which has notoriously weak continous autofocus. XT-1 will be better, and X-T2 will be much better.

These lenses are too small!

On a serious note, hope you find it soon!

Caporegime
I have gone down to just 3 lenses now, love my primes, they are "not bad" :p Also picked up the grip, purely because I need the extra battery for a shoot next month with no chance of change or go near the camera for about an hour.

p.s. I wish the 35mm a bit bigger, it should've been designed the same way as the 23 and 56.

CmyO9hi.jpg

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I've just reduced my MM to match Fuji refurb plus £11 for recored and insured delivery.... I need to start posting on TP lol

I need to get rid of it before I can justify buying the 35mm 1.4 :D

Back
Top Bottom