Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Looking at buying a new fuji.. Xpro 2 or XT-2? both similar in price!

My head would go with X-T2 but my heart would go with X-Pro2.

The X-T2 arguably can do more, it has the grip to boost its refresh rates, triple its battery size, and more DSLR esq shooting experience if that's what you are used to. It also has a flip screen.

Associate
Hi guys. Bought a fairly cheap manual Prime lens for my sister for Christmas for her Xt-1 - came with an adaptor so it would fit. Annoyingly though the camera won't fire with the lens attached. In guessing it's something to do with the camera not talking to the lens... Hoping someone might know if there's a setting in camera to ignore the 'missing' lens?

Thanks

Caporegime
Hi guys. Bought a fairly cheap manual Prime lens for my sister for Christmas for her Xt-1 - came with an adaptor so it would fit. Annoyingly though the camera won't fire with the lens attached. In guessing it's something to do with the camera not talking to the lens... Hoping someone might know if there's a setting in camera to ignore the 'missing' lens?

Thanks

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3869639

Should be the setting.

Soldato
Fuji XT2 or X pro 2?

Try both in the flesh, I owned both and kept the X-Pro2 purely because I just enjoyed using it more.

From a technical point of view the X-T2 is a better camera in pretty much every way but there is something about the X-Pro2 that makes it a joy to use especially with the shorter primes (up to the 56mm). If you are going to shoot with either of the longer pro zooms then I'd go for the X-T2 as neither of those lenses feels that balanced on the X-Pro2.

Aside from that, just get whichever you can get a better deal on :)

Disclaimer - I recently sold up my Fuji gear and "downsized" to using a Leica Q and upgraded my missus' setup to a Nikon D500 which I'll borrow every so often. Fuji glass is extraordinary but the AF performance is still lagging behind and my wife just couldn't get on with them.

Back
Top Bottom