Fuji X Series

Soldato
XT-2 Version 4.00 out today: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/index.html

• 1.Addition of “Focus Bracketing”
    The update will enable the photographer to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 frames. When the photographer starts shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of focus shift set from 1 to 10.
  • 2.Compatible with the newly developed cinema lens FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
    The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
    1) Aperture information can be displayed on the monitor. The upgrade allows users to select T-stop or F-stop.
    2) The upgrade allows users to check the focus distance with the distance indicator shown on the monitor.
    3) Automatically corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading.
    4) Camera automatically calculate the White Balance based on the lens position and deliver the color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
  • 3.Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
    The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.
  • 4.Addition of F-log SD card recording
    The upgrade allows users to record F-log movie data into their SD card.
  • 5.Addition of 1080/120P high-speed video mode
    The upgrade allows users to shoot 1080/120P high-speed video (1/2, 1/4 and 1/5 speed slow motion), ideal for recording spectacular slow-motion footage.
  • 6.Enhanced Phase Detection AF
    Latest updates to the AF algorithm provide the following performance enhancements :
    1) The low-light limit for phase detection autofocus has been improved by approximately 1.5 stops from 0.5EV to -1.0EV, raising the precision and speed of autofocus in low-light environments.
    2) The range at minimum aperture has been expanded from F8 to F11. For example, even when using the XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR with the tele converter XF2X TC WR, phase detection autofocus can now be used.
    3) Major improvements have been made to the AF-C performance while operating the zoom, which provides major benefits when shooting sports and other scenarios in which the subjects moves unpredictably.
    4) Finely-detailed surface textures of wild birds and wild animals can now be captured at high speed and with high precision as a result of improvement in phase detection autofocus.
  • 7.Addition of “Flicker Reduction”
    For enhancing the quality of indoor sports photography, the upgrade allows users to reduce flicker in pictures and the display when shooting under fluorescent lighting and other similar light sources.
  • 8.Addition of “Select Folder” and “Create Folder”
    Enables the user to choose the folder in which subsequent pictures will be stored. And also enable to enter a five-character folder name to create a new folder in which to store subsequent pictures.
  • 9.New functions are added to store and read of camera settings by FUJIFILM X Acquire
    Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (ver.1.7 or newer), CUSTOM REGISTRATION/EDIT settings are also stored and read.

Soldato
PS yes. CS5 CC & CC2018. So that is camera raw 5-10. Not tried Lightroom. photoshop does have a problem with viewing multiple raw files though. I generally have to use FastStone image viewer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hope this is true as I have enviously been looking at the Sony thread:

Fujifilm X-T3
Do you like Full Frame? Do you prefer APS-C? Is X-Trans your thing or do you want a Bayer sensor? Or maybe you always dreamed of a monochrome sensor?

Don’t worry, to get all of this, you will need just one camera, the Fujifilm X-T3.

Our top trusted Japanese source just told us that the Fujifilm X-T3 will have an interchangeable lens/processor/sensor.

The concept is similar to the one used by the Ricoh GXR/S10, where basically lens, sensor and processor will be integrated into 1 single unit, that you can switch how you prefer.

Our trusted source told us, that at the Fujifilm X-T3 launch in September 2018, the Fujifilm X-T3 will be offered with:

• 24MP APS-C X-Trans sensor
  • New X-Trans sensor with less than 30MP
  • 24MP BSI Bayer Full Frame sensor of Sony A7III
  • Monochrome 24MP Full Frame Sensor of Leica M Monochrom
  • organic APS-C sensor with global shutter
Along with the Fujifilm X-T3, Fujifilm will also launch the first two Full Frame lenses:

• XFF 35mm F1.8
  • XFF 70-200mm F2.8
I asked our Japanese source if it will have also the option of a Medium Format sensor, but the source said MF sensor would make the Fujifilm X-T3 chassis too big, and Fujifilm wants to keep it smaller than the X-H1.

Fuji’s idea is to offer a Fujifilm X-T3, where you guys can still perfectly use all your current APS-C lenses, but if you want, you can slowly transition to full frame and finally spend more money on bigger FF glass.

The source also told us, that the new system is the real reason, why the Fujifilm X-T3 will not have IBIS: it is just technically too complicated at the moment to make an interchangeable sensor system with IBIS incorporated.

The price of the Fujifilm X-T3 will be “extremely agressive” said the source and “lower than current X-T2 price“.

You can check out the Ricoh GXR/S10 to get more details on how it works.

Caporegime
Hope this is true as I have enviously been looking at the Sony thread:
Can you please share your sources in future?

Either way that sounds like absolute wishful thinking. Fuji have said multiple times they will not be going full frame, and to expect a fully modular camera is really stretching things. It won't even have IBIS.

EDIT - LOL it's a 2 month old April Fools article, not the sharpest tool in the box are you Ethan... https://www.fujirumors.com/breaking...d-monochrome-sensor-similar-to-ricoh-gxr-s10/ :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Changing the subject.. here's a question... Having just got back from holiday with my XT10 and 35/f2 and 14/f2.8 primes, I feel that for the generic holiday photography (mostly landscapes/scenery) it feels a little hard work traipsing around with even only two primes. I've always loved primes but feel that actually it would be nice to walk out with a full battery, empty SD card, camera round my neck and just go -- rather than lugging a camera bag with extra lenses etc.

I think the lovely-looking 16-55 f2.8 would be overkill (and too pricey), but perhaps a used 18-55/f2.8-4 might be a good compromise. What do you guys think of trading in the 14/f2.8 for the 18-55/f2.8-4? Would I get a good deal? Looking on MBP there are used 14/f2.8s on sale for more than the used 18-55s? :confused: Never done that before. I would then have a 18-55, 35 prime, plus my Nikkor 50/f1.8 and Sigma 70-300 (both manual focus).

I've always loved primes and bokeh but at the end of the day don't take that many portraits (girlfriend is not a willing model even for holiday snaps) so it feels like I'm making my life a bit more difficult than it needs to be. I do love a bit of street photography though so I've previously had my eye on the 23/f2 as my next addition but I'm now torn :( A setup of 14/f2.8, 23/f2 and 35/f2 (plus the manual Nikon lenses) sounds great in theory but practically... I dunno :o

Thoughts? I do often find that the 14mm is too wide, wonder how the FOV is compared to 18mm...

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

The rumoured X-T3:
latest

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Personally I would just pick 1 lens to take out for the day. It can be quite fun using 1 lens for all snaps. Sure there will be times where you may want to go wider or longer, but that's the trade off.

I love my XE2S with the 35 f2, it's a compact unit that takes lots of great family photos.

Associate
Can you please share your sources in future?

Either way that sounds like absolute wishful thinking. Fuji have said multiple times they will not be going full frame, and to expect a fully modular camera is really stretching things. It won't even have IBIS.

EDIT - LOL it's a 2 month old April Fools article, not the sharpest tool in the box are you Ethan... https://www.fujirumors.com/breaking...d-monochrome-sensor-similar-to-ricoh-gxr-s10/ :D

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I have the 18-55 2.8-4 and it's a fantastic lens. Every single review of it is glowing. You don't get the massive wide open bokeh, but everything else about it is great. My only other lens is the 35mm 1.4 and I'm very happy with the combo. I've only had the X-T2 for a couple of months, and still missing my D700 with 50mm 1.4 and 28-300, but I think it is just that I'm still learning the idiosyncrasies of the X-T2. I love the much smaller size and weight.

Soldato
Personally I would just pick 1 lens to take out for the day. It can be quite fun using 1 lens for all snaps. Sure there will be times where you may want to go wider or longer, but that's the trade off.

I love my XE2S with the 35 f2, it's a compact unit that takes lots of great family photos.
That's fair enough and I have done it before with the 35mm, but specifically on holiday I struggled with it not being wide enough for a lot of the snaps I wanted to take. If I was going to walk around London with the aim of doing street snaps or something I'd be happy with a single prime.

I have the 18-55 2.8-4 and it's a fantastic lens. Every single review of it is glowing. You don't get the massive wide open bokeh, but everything else about it is great. My only other lens is the 35mm 1.4 and I'm very happy with the combo. I've only had the X-T2 for a couple of months, and still missing my D700 with 50mm 1.4 and 28-300, but I think it is just that I'm still learning the idiosyncrasies of the X-T2. I love the much smaller size and weight.
Cool thanks. Wondering if it's worth emailing MPB for pricing. Are they any good?

I'm struggling to see why I bought the 14mm now to be honest. Although it's an awesome lens and good fun to stick in someone's face for a comedy/wide portrait, the 18-55 does f2.8 at 18mm so you could do similar things... And for landscapes you tend to drop the aperture anyway so :confused:

Caporegime
I'm struggling to see why I bought the 14mm now to be honest. Although it's an awesome lens and good fun to stick in someone's face for a comedy/wide portrait, the 18-55 does f2.8 at 18mm so you could do similar things... And for landscapes you tend to drop the aperture anyway so :confused:

The 18-55mm was really sharp and the bokeh also isn't 'too bad' depending on the subject separation. I would say that it is an essential lens for every Fuji X shooter.

Back
Top Bottom