[Fun] You are PM, you have one pledge, it will be so... GO!

Soldato
OP
Road cyclists are only allowed to use the roads between 5am and 8am, and 6pm and 9pm. :eek:

It is also mandatory that you pull over to a complete stop if a faster moving vehicle is waiting behind you. Failure to do so will result in a Strava ban.

Soldato
Road cyclists are only allowed to use the roads between 5am and 8am, and 6pm and 9pm. :eek:

It is also mandatory that you pull over to a complete stop if a faster moving vehicle is waiting behind you. Failure to do so will result in a Strava ban.

Roads are far too busy after 7am so I'm out at the crack of dawn and take a route where the return is pretty much all segregated cycle lane. I'd counter this with banning all personal cars between 630am and 10am and 3pm until 7pm, therefore requiring all commuters to live and work in places accessible by public transport or walking/cycling distance and it also effectively outlaws the school run mum in her oversized SUVs.

Soldato
OP
Roads are far too busy after 7am so I'm out at the crack of dawn and take a route where the return is pretty much all segregated cycle lane. I'd counter this with banning all personal cars between 630am and 10am and 3pm until 7pm, therefore requiring all commuters to live and work in places accessible by public transport or walking/cycling distance and it also effectively outlaws the school run mum in her oversized SUVs.

I'm down with this. They can use their free motorcycles instead. :D

Soldato
I'm down with this. They can use their free motorcycles instead. :D

Deal, I quite fancy having a motorbike.

But I've had a better anti road congestion idea, stolen from computer networks. Random early drop, if congestion starts to happen then cars (with their occupants) will be crushed at random to bring traffic levels back into accepted levels.

Soldato
OP
Deal, I quite fancy having a motorbike.

But I've had a better anti road congestion idea, stolen from computer networks. Random early drop, if congestion starts to happen then cars (with their occupants) will be crushed at random to bring traffic levels back into accepted levels.
Can we prioritize the crushing of single-occupant large vehicles?

Associate
Having just made a booking.... I'm going to change my suggestion

Let's publically flog, then hang, draw and quarter anyone involved in any railway company management, nationalise the trains and return some kind of sanity.

I can book 7 nights in a 4 star hotel in lanzarote including flights for less than a 2 night trip to manchester is costing me for train+hotel. Standard class. Off peak.

They're just taking the ****.

Caporegime
Having just made a booking.... I'm going to change my suggestion

Let's publically flog, then hang, draw and quarter anyone involved in any railway company management, nationalise the trains and return some kind of sanity.

I can book 7 nights in a 4 star hotel in lanzarote including flights for less than a 2 night trip to manchester is costing me for train+hotel. Standard class. Off peak.

They're just taking the ****.

I refuse to use trains to get to the airport.

Cost, risk of cancellation, cramped horrible carriages.

No, I take the national express every time!

Associate
I refuse to use trains to get to the airport.

Cost, risk of cancellation, cramped horrible carriages.

No, I take the national express every time!
I took a national express to heathrow from portsmouth once.
ONCE.

What a flipping nightmare. Took like 4 hours... had to go into Victoria coach station, change buses there, and the bus we were supposed to get to heathrow was then cancelled, and the next bus thus overbooked. SO MUCH STRESS. I'll uber next time, no matter the damn cost.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

We shall accept these terms in the week if drivers are willing to not try and kill us and if the same rules apply re overtaking. Cars slow me down ridiculously in any built up area and I would very much like them to just get out of my way.

Also, anyone in a car with only a single occupant should have to pay a 50p/mile tax.

Oh and anyone that mentions road/car tax will be summarily shot.

Soldato
Pension age down to 65 for both sexes.

Tax loopholes removed.

Maximum asylum seekers per year, anymore and turned around with force.

NHS properly funded and no holiday NHS treatment seekers.

Set maximum numbers of extra housing people are allowed to own and stop overseas buyers.

Police properly funded.

D&I/woke, pronouns banned in the workplace - let us do our jobs

4 day week.

All Netflix shows are released full series, no more weekly episodes.

Back
Top Bottom