Fury - Wilder thread

Soldato
Anyone else feel people are horribly underestimating how hard Fury punches? If Fury took a swing from the knees and landed it would curl your teeth.

100% No Fury doesn't punch! When was the last time Fury actually knocked anyone out ? Both fighters are bang average with contrasting styles, which hopefully should create an intriguing fight. At risk of repeating myself every time Fury fights I've watched him since his Ch5 days. He has no real power, has no chin but has some good foot movement which he uses well.

Ultimately he'll always be the boxer that hit himself with an uppercut.

Soldato
Fury was punching light most of his fights. When Peter Fury was training Tyson he always told him to take it easy and relax. I don't know if anyone remembers the Hammer fight, but Fury landed a really short right hand from a defensive position that rocked Hammer. The man is a big puncher.

It will either be a very boring fight i.e. Fury vs Klitschko, or Fury gets caught. Going up against a guy that likes to punch is a big risk for a first fight back after such a long absence. It is very difficult to know where he is at due to his terrible past opponents.

Soldato
His sheer size has seen him through most contests along with his footwork and jab. Of course he'd curl YOUR teeth with a punch, but not most of the professional heavyweights.

Fury is probably still a top ten fighter, he would stop most fighters outside of that.

Soldato
I'm not sure about this fight, for me the only way Fury can win is by being so awkward and winning on points by frustrating Wilder, on the other hand - Wilder has been a lot more active, is much fitter and brings a very big punch that he can land.

It'll be an interesting fight though, I want Wilder to win.

Back
Top Bottom