• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fury X vs 980ti

Associate
Ever since that "it should beat a Titan X" talk and the very promising specs I think a lot of us were left disappointed despite it still being a good performance.

Soldato
Huge disappointment for the lackluster ocerclcok for the fury x. The 980 ti overclocked would put it to shame unless AMD unlocks voltage.

The voltage is not locked as such. The partners such as Sapphire and MSI have not released software that gives Voltage control. Both Sapphire and MSI have said it's coming though.

Caporegime
If that's the case, the developers need to start making the DX12 games now then. People seem to forget how long games take to actually make! It'll be ages before they start to take full advantage of DX12, even if there was industry wide agreement to fully adopt DX12 tomorrow. By the time it happens, we'll be well in to Pscal and HBM2.

Exactly this. I would not buy a Fury X on the basis that it might be faster in DX12. There MIGHT be a couple of games that use it that MIGHT come out by the end of the year.

By the time a lot of games are in DX12 and Windows 10 has been ironed out the Fury and 980Ti will be old news and no one will care.

Associate
Nothing wrong with Fury it is 'new' tech.

Nobody should really be surprised imo that at the moment voltage is locked - when they have a better idea as to the actual consequences of over volting etc is the time to make it available (unless , of course, such would brick the card :eek:)

Will new drivers make a massive difference - who knows but I am for now willing to give the benefit

Lastly - is it the future ; maybe
Is the Ti the future - no

Associate
Was going to get my next system with one of these and I think i'm going to go with the 980ti.

I'm hoping with the Fury becoming available the prices drop a bit more on the 980's

Caporegime
I do wonder if they will be willing to unlock the voltage, with the core and the ram in such tight proximity im wondering if it could potentially cause issues?

Back
Top Bottom