GAME lose another supplier

Associate
This is it. Domino effect from here on in. Not only are they missing out on one of the BIGGEST games of the year in ME3, but they have virtually no new games coming into stores this month, and probably next. And limited preowned stock.

Soldato
It's getting worse, can only be a matter of days or a few weeks, & I expect Game will go under.

Haven't used them for some time now, our local Game shop is a joke, very few pc titles available, mostly Xbox, PS3 available.

You want to read comments on the Game blog, a lot of unhappy peeps, some ordered games last August, then received an email recently telling them their order has been canceled.

A lot of titles on their website are also unavailable.

Last edited:
Associate
It's getting worse, can only be a matter of days or a few weeks, & I expect Game will go under.

Haven't used them for some time now, our local Game shop is a joke, very few pc titles available, mostly Xbox, PS3 available.

It's quite amusing that after years of Game going against PC gaming in every way possible, it's at its strongest in years, and making a lot of people very rich. But not Game. They fought against retail, downloads, and Steam. Now it's another thing biting them in the arse.

Associate

You want to read comments on the Game forum, a lot of unhappy peeps, some ordered games last August, then received an email recently telling them their order has been canceled.

A lot of titles on their website are also unavailable.

Wheres this forum?! :o

V F

V F

Soldato
Think about it first instead of knocking them.

Every day 3.30PM onwards you have a que of school kids hustled around the console with absolutely no intent on buying the console, solution put a sign up stating £10 for 15min problem cured. As if game will charge you a potential customer from trying the Vita out.

I'm guessing most of the people posting in this thread have never actually worked in the retail/trade sector as judging by some of the posts you have absolutely no idea on what you are on about.

Again thread is all about knocking GAME - grow up.

I really hope they recover from this financial crisis as none of this is good for the economy.

This always bugged me going into stores to buy games/getting to the counter. Could never get moving for snotty kids taking up the floor space.

Soldato
I'm guessing most of the people posting in this thread have never actually worked in the retail/trade sector as judging by some of the posts you have absolutely no idea on what you are on about.

Actually I have, it's a horrible industry and I can't wait to get out of it for good, but putting up a sign like that, regardless of the intent, is hugely foolish and a sure-fire way to alienate any potential customers in the first place.

Soldato
Putting aside how much people dislike GAME, spare a thought for the employees if they do go,

Yes, like how when I was in Game prior to the Vita launch the salesperson gave me a load of outright lies about the system and its funcionality to try and make me place a preorder.

Won't be missed as far as i'm concerned.

Soldato
Yes, like how when I was in Game prior to the Vita launch the salesperson gave me a load of outright lies about the system and its funcionality to try and make me place a preorder.

But you believe the world's gonna end this year so does it really affect you that much?

Caporegime
OP

They're not all like that, some are genuinely helpful and have a family and home to keep.

Soldato
Actually when I had a summer job at Game (12 years ago now), there was a brand new Dreamcast pod in the store. There was a kid who would come in everyday, presumably he bunked off school because it wasn't holidays, he would then spend the entire day on the machine.

Nobody else could ever get on the thing to try it, as sales assistants we didn't really have the authority to remove him, only the Manger was allowed to kick him out. After the Manager removed him, he would always just come back when he wasn't around.

Eventually we moved the pod further to the back of the store, then one day we saw him walk in, heading towards it, the Manager headed him off just before he got to it, swiftly walking past and switching it off! The kid just didn't know what to do then, I watched on the CCTV behind the counter that he was just stood staring at the wall of games at the back of the store.

You do get some proper weirdos in retail, so perhaps this charging method is just trying to stop people hogging it, when they probably don't have staff to monitor it all day.

Associate
This is how stupid they are in Leeds town alone, stores marked with spot:

81387689.png

3 stores within 2 minute walks of each other, then you have to remember the other stores like CeX and HMV that surround them. We have shed loads of their stores in Leeds and it's a waste of money for them.

Caporegime
LOL I think the best one is MK, Game and Gamestation are opposite each other in the same row of say 10 shops - so is CEX!!! Considering how long GAME have had Gamestation you would expect at least some reduction in stores even with long-lived business leases, but the only stores Ive ever seen shut down are the old EB ones, to me that sounds like they were happy to keep 2 stores per town centre/shopping centre/location...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom