GAME lose another supplier

Soldato
Well if they take pre-orders they cant give, you get money back you can only spend in their stores. You cant really buy much for £5 so... money earnt for them most likely.

If game cancelled your pre-order, because they can't stock the game. Then you will get your money back. They broke their own terms and conditions, not you.

If they do not, then tell them its illegal and you will not be leaving without your money. The store credit is a con. Its just a way to keep your money in the shop.

Soldato
Strolled into both stores during my lunch break (within 2 mins distance of each other lol).

Enquired about ME3 and SxT. They simply said they wont be selling them... I gave them a dissapointed look and walked out.

Soldato
Same in ours. We visited Gamestation after the gym yesterday, about 2 members of staff on when normally you see about 4 working. No one in the shop besides two idiots who bought a game for £40 when it's online for £30. We then checked in GAME, 3 people working, normally 8 in that store.

They looked really ****ed. What's even worse is that both stores were advertising the games for pre-order that they ain't getting. We saw:

Street Fighter x Tekken
Raccoon City
Mass Effect 3
Ghost Recon

Plus other titles from EA and Ubisoft on availability for pre-order.

In the stores I went into there was no evidence of them trying to sell those games... Go back a few weeks and those pre order adverts were all over the shop!

Caporegime
On HotUKDeals they are mentioning that both GAME and Gamestation are having firesales.

Game

Rumours of massive in store sales coming today and PS3 titles to be added tomorrow.

Soldato
On HotUKDeals they are mentioning that both GAME and Gamestation are having firesales.

Game

Rumours of massive in store sales coming today and PS3 titles to be added tomorrow.

If this is true, Im getting my ass down to Game to see what sort of prices they are selling stuff at.

Anyone confirm if this sale is actaully happening today?

Associate
yes there is a sale on xbox360 at the mo, just picked up dungeon siege 3 and bulletstorm for 2.98 each was told that ps3 is going on sale tommorw

Caporegime
In that thread they also say lots of 'new' stock is being re-assigned as 2nd hand which means they get '100% profit'.

going to head off their tonight after work, see what the deal is.

Associate
A while back I thought they would limp on to the end of the year in the hope the Wii U would save them. But at this rate I'm not even sure they're going to make it to the end of the week.

Not really sure what the board is playing at. They need to be shutting down stores today and sell any profitable ones to Gamestop. In the fast moving world of entertainment and technology I can't think of another company in this field who has reacted so little to a changing market.

Back
Top Bottom