Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Soldato
I've not watched this beyond episode 6 - just struggling to find any enthusiasm to watch it even though it isn't as bad as Rings of Power which I've watched to the conclusion :s I'm not sure I'll ever bother to finish it unless I need something to fill in a rainy day so to speak.
Episode 7 is exactly where things pick up, and episode 8 was probably the best of the season imo. Try one more.

Soldato
What was going on with Daemon and the big dragon in the cave, is that one of the untamed dragons he mentioned earlier?

Was expecting Daemon to go after one of the sons as a false flag to kick start the war at that point.

Yeah, that's varithimor(sp), signing a lullaby to it, to connect or link with it. I think he wants to use it for war. Wonder what the size comparison is between him and vhaegar.

Soldato
Yeah, that's varithimor(sp), signing a lullaby to it, to connect or link with it. I think he wants to use it for war. Wonder what the size comparison is between him and vhaegar.
Vermithor. Vhagar.
I think Vermithor is about 3/4 the size. Viserys's dad Jaehaerys rode Vermithor and no one else has since.

Soldato
Surely that guides isnt right? I thought Daemon said their side had 14 dragons to the Greens 4?
That's not all of the dragons in existence, I think it's only the bonded ones. He was even including unhatched ones from memory though I might be wrong.

Also being picky, and it's also not all set out that clearly, but I don't think Drogon at s8 GoT is 65% of Vhagar's size. More like 40%. Drogon is big, but Vhagar is a monster. Also the scaling on that graphic isn't right, Caraxes, Meleys etc. aren't basically as big as Vhagar.

Soldato
Surely that guides isnt right? I thought Daemon said their side had 14 dragons to the Greens 4?
Greens have 3 adults for each of the 3 Targ kids and another baby dragon/egg waiting to bond with someone.

Blacks in the show currently have 7 bonded to them and Daemon lists 6 other dragons without riders who may or may not get involved in the war. Vermithor was shown in episode 10 and is missing above so I'm not sure what part he'll play in the show either.

Syrax - Rhaenyra
Caraxes - Daemon
Meleys - Rhaenys
Arrax - Luc
Tyraxes - Joffrey
Vermax - Jacaerys
Moondancer - Baela

Following are still yet to bond in the show and may or may not play a part depending on where the shows ends.

Aegon III (Rhaenyra's son) - Stormcloud
Daeron (Rhaenyra's son) - Tessarion
Jaehaera (Aegon II's Daughter) - Morghul

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
That's not all of the dragons in existence, I think it's only the bonded ones. He was even including unhatched ones from memory though I might be wrong.

Also being picky, and it's also not all set out that clearly, but I don't think Drogon at s8 GoT is 65% of Vhagar's size. More like 40%. Drogon is big, but Vhagar is a monster. Also the scaling on that graphic isn't right, Caraxes, Meleys etc. aren't basically as big as Vhagar.

think he was listing wild ones and unclaimed ones around the Dragonstone area.

Permabanned
Loved the look at the end from Aemond after what happened, no words necessary for what he was thinking. :)

Only complaint, I don't think for a second that the huge dragon would be able to keep up with the smaller dragon given the mass, or that visibility was even good enough for Aemond to follow.

But then again dragons technically shouldn't be able to fly at all, the wings would need to be massive and the main body weigh next to nothing... lol

Last edited:
Associate
Loved the look at the end from Aemond after what happened, no words necessary for what he was thinking. :)

Only complaint, I don't think for the second that huge dragon would be able to keep up with the smaller dragon given the mass, or that visibility was even good enough for Aemond to follow.

But then again dragons technically shouldn't be able to fly at all, the wings would need to be massive and the main body weigh next to nothing... lol
And this is why HOTD is way better than The Rings of Power. The series shows us rather than tells us with boring exposition. Plus, the acting is far better than the bargain basement actors from the Amazon show.

Soldato
The Critical Drinker is happy to admit he was wrong with his initial view based on the trailer and, after finishing the season he says he rates this as one of the best TV shows this year -

Caporegime
meh it was average at best and long winded...

people are omg but the last episode... no one will ever rewatch this shirley

Soldato

Already thinking when I'll watch again. My interest and expectations were low to start so I think I'll get a lot from the first 3 or 4 episodes that I missed first time round, and the last 4 were so good I'll gladly watch them again.

May read fire and blood first before I do though.

If you found it average can you recommend any series you'd describe as excellent?

Last edited:
Soldato

I thought the last episode was a bit anti-climactic. Thought it would all boot off in episodes 9 and 10 but nah.

I did enjoy the series as a whole though.

Back
Top Bottom