Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Sgarrista
Commissario
Well thank you very much leakers and those STUPID NEWS SITES WHO SPOIL THE FINAL UNRELEASED EPISODE IN THE HEADLINE.

Fuming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
yeah spoiled for me somewhere
WFH Mondays with my other half going into her office, has proved very useful in keeping up-to-date and avoiding spoilers. But even this morning there was stuff I nearly inadvertently clicked.. it was always the way with GoT it's incredibly annoying.

Are we allowed to talk about it yet? :p

Soldato
Didn't get spoiled (somehow)
This was a great season that made me love the universe again after the GOT debacle.

Shame only 10 episodes as was ramping up well but season 2 should be a banger if the quality keeps up.

Man of Honour
Great episode - much spice!

The shot of the huge dragon in the rain behind the castle…. Phwoar :D

Baby scene was very uncomfortable, worse than the first episode. I imagine that will upset many people - not sure whether it was necessary tbh. Grim for the sake of grim.

Overall a fab series - I can’t wait for series 2.

Caporegime
Great episode - much spice!

The shot of the huge dragon in the rain behind the castle…. Phwoar :D

Baby scene was very uncomfortable, worse than the first episode. I imagine that will upset many people - not sure whether it was necessary tbh. Grim for the sake of grim.

Overall a fab series - I can’t wait for series 2.

Yeah I dont get the shows obsession with bloody childbirth. Isnt that three really long gruesome childbirth scenes now

Soldato
Didn't get spoiled (somehow)
This was a great season that made me love the universe again after the GOT debacle.

Shame only 10 episodes as was ramping up well but season 2 should be a banger if the quality keeps up.
Echo all of this completely. Currently reading my World of Ice and Fire book and have asked for Fire & Blood for Christmas.

Expectations were basically non-existent for this season, it was barely on my radar but I think that was objectively better than GoT s1. Episodes 7, 8, 10 and most of 9 were all incredible. I think there's high rewatch value too, so many characters and subplots, the whole thing was fantastically written, shot and acted.

Associate
Quite enjoyed it, but the whole thing felt very flat from the start for me and didn't really seem to find it's legs, even in the stronger later episodes. I was really hoping for something a little more personable then what we got, but hey ho. I felt much the same about the first season of GoT so here's hoping it pulls focus a little more in season two much as that did.

Caporegime
Pretty disappointing that episode to be honest.

The dragon 'fight' wasn't all that - I guess because of the mismatch but just reminded me of a Quidditch scene from Harry Potter.

I think it would have been a lot better if we'd been shown Aemond telling someone before the Daemon - Rhaenyra conversation.

Back
Top Bottom