Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Yeah same.
same, i think the storytelling in GOT earlyier seasons was just better, so far hotd s2 is a bit boring/lacking action. i think part of the problem is having the ability to binge watch tv shows, waiting a week for an episode and then it airs and its not very entertaining, it kind of is a bit meh. atleast if you can binge watch it, you can power through the duller episodes and move onto the good one.

same, i think the storytelling in GOT earlyier seasons was just better, so far hotd s2 is a bit boring/lacking action. i think part of the problem is having the ability to binge watch tv shows, waiting a week for an episode and then it airs and its not very entertaining, it kind of is a bit meh. atleast if you can binge watch it, you can power through the duller episodes and move onto the good one.
I think that's pretty much the same criticism GoT got nearly every season too. Then when all the chess pieces were in place the pay off would kick in and it's back to being the best thing since sliced bread again. Obviously without those earlier moves around the board the pay off would be much diminished.
I guess it tallies with your point of binge watching it though. You don't see them as separate episodes but instead a single 10hr (!) movie.

I think that's pretty much the same criticism GoT got nearly every season too. Then when all the chess pieces were in place the pay off would kick in and it's back to being the best thing since sliced bread again. Obviously without those earlier moves around the board the pay off would be much diminished.
I guess it tallies with your point of binge watching it though. You don't see them as separate episodes but instead a single 10hr (!) movie.
seems like you hit the nail on the head to me.

I prefer that there’s more of the actual political chicanery in HOTD because that’s what was missing in GOT. Nice to see a lot of the GRRM language and sayings come in. I think if HOTD suffers from anything it’s a lack of true material to draw from, and filling it all in from multiple perspectives. I’m loving it though.

This has some really great moments and some of the cheesiest silliest and "boring" bits too.... It's such a mixed bag... I like it, hate it, get bored at the same time.

You need a constant family tree to work out the incest in this.... Dr who is cool though..

Tbh it feels like me and my wife spend 15 mins of each episode arguing who is who and and who's side and who who.....

Last edited:
One thing that hasn't changed is me and wife struggling to remember the incestuous relations within the Targaryen family.

Yea it’s a bit messed up. Like king Aegon is married to his sister. Aegon and Rhaenyra are half sister/brother. Rhaenyra marrying her uncle adds some seasoning to the incest dish.

It all seems a bit 'closed in' for want of a better term. GOTs had characters on extended outdoor situations, that took them through adventures and peril. Most of HOTD is based indoors / around the castles, with only occasional scenes further out.

Watched the second episode. Well written dialogue, and excellent performances from the cast who have the rare skill to deliver emotional scenes with real weight. But... I just don't care much about anyone in this, and everything is again dragging slowly along. GoT was dark, but it also great humour and characters to root for, this doesn't.

Gotta agree with some of this lol.
the writings crap, no characters really do anything..

GOT was good because of the sense of adventure and the world building..

this is like a tower defence game with one lane and 2 castles... so more like pong in how basic and simple it is..

there's no likeble characters in the show either, it's downton abby meets game of thrones or something...

Last edited:

Gotta agree with some of this lol.

S2 has it's problems, but I can't take a Guardian review seriously, and I read The Guardian...I also recall how they fawned all over ROP on release and then as they realised they were out of step with the audience changed their tune.

:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom