Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon

Caporegime
Apologies, I thought it was 9pm on Mondays?

The eight-episode second season of House of the Dragon will debut exclusively on Sky Atlantic and streaming service NOW from 17 June. Episodes will be released weekly on Sky & NOW with UK viewers able to join the global excitement with each instalment available at the same time as the US at 2am.

Associate
Some of the soap opera style dialogue scenes / blocking irritated me...
the scene with Rhaenyra and Daemon was particulary irksome
But otherwise a strong episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
With how they filmed some of the scenes this weeks episode it felt like I was watching a play with the wide shots and people walking around rooms with a static camera.

Insert spiderman meme too.

Caporegime
I thought it was great, if the dialogue is involving enough it doesn't really matter what the camera is doing.

Rhaenyra absolutely outraged that people thought she had ordered the killing of the boy, whilst Daemon sat there with a tiniest hint of a smirk on his face.

Rhys Ifans was excellent this week as well. His loyalties were always somewhat unclear in season 1 (assumed he just wanted power for his family), but he genuinely seems to want to do what he thinks is 'the right thing' for the realm. Invoking Viserys name and laughing when the new King said his father chose him.

Only ever really seen him in Notting hill and Amazing Spider-man before.

Last edited:
Commissario
I thought it was great, if the dialogue is involving enough it doesn't really matter what the camera is doing.

Rhaenyra absolutely outraged that people thought she had ordered the killing of the boy, whilst Daemon sat there with a tiniest hint of a smirk on his face.

Rhys Ifans was excellent this week as well. His loyalties were always somewhat unclear in season 1 (assumed he just wanted power for his family), but he genuinely seems to want to do what he thinks is 'the right thing' for the realm. Invoking Viserys name and laughing when the new King said his father chose him.

Only ever really seen him in Notting hill and Amazing Spider-man before.
I kept thinking "if you keep going this way he's gonna end you too!"

Associate
I was amusing as everyone around the table slowly twigged Daemon was behind it. Agree Rhys Ifans was great, can feel the frustration as these morons around him pick apart his intricately laid plans with their own hair brained schemes.
Having said that the twin ploy nearly worked...

Associate
I would have liked it if the surviving twin just claimed to be Eric, without anyone actually knowing if it was really him.

Back
Top Bottom