Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Yeah very, lots of different dishes and ingredients/fish types. Obviously need to to upgrade diving gear to be able to dive to certain depths and progress story though to make the better sushi dishes.

It does seem to have a huge variety of things to catch/make. I was thinking it's not really going anywhere in terms of exploration but having unlocked
the fish farm
it seems I've barely scratched the surface (pun intended) with the depths that you can dive to.

Soldato
I recently finished Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One. Had hear it was a must play game and I wanted to give my X1 a blast before retiring it. I went the full hog with RDR2 and got the 100% completion badge. It was damn painful at times (collecting bloomin bird plumes) but all in a great game for detail and realism. Would be interested in others memories of it?

Have now paid for the Switch online subscription so playing FZero99 and MK8 online.
Also exploring some of the old MegaDrive games. Playing Shinobi 3 which I don't think I played when it was first released, good but damn would have been frustrating back in the 'no saves' era

Soldato
Turned my PS4 on recently for the first time in a good year or so and decided to play FFVII Remake. Now up to Chapter 16. Good game, but definitely have rose tinted glasses about remembering the original PS1 version. Once I've finished that ill work through my backlog on there (Spiderman, a GOW, R&C, Deadpool) before maybe just maybe working through some PS3 games I never got around to opening.

Associate
Have now paid for the Switch online subscription so playing FZero99 and MK8 online.
Also exploring some of the old MegaDrive games. Playing Shinobi 3 which I don't think I played when it was first released, good but damn would have been frustrating back in the 'no saves' era

F-Zero 99 is frighteningly addictive, I dread to think how many hours i've put in for my lowly 10 wins lol

I'm currently chasing my first win with Wild Goose, i've managed 2nd place a few times so i'm getting close

Soldato
I recently finished Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One. Had hear it was a must play game and I wanted to give my X1 a blast before retiring it. I went the full hog with RDR2 and got the 100% completion badge. It was damn painful at times (collecting bloomin bird plumes) but all in a great game for detail and realism. Would be interested in others memories of it?

Whats your 100% time?

I've said it on here loads, I think RDR1 is possibly my favourite ever game. I was 100% but for the online achievements. Got RDR2 on day one. Currently around 60% through the story, done very few side mission, zero collecting or upgrading weapons, horses, crafting, hunting, robberies and all that. I give it 30 mins or so every now and then. Very much looking forward to it ending although there may be a sequel out by the time I do! (I don't really think that)
Technically on the series X and OLED its the best looking game I have ever seen. Gameplay and mechanics aren't too different from the first and the story and characters have far more depth. Yes the controls are clunky but so are all of R* games. I can't describe why I don't love it.

Soldato
Whats your 100% time?

I've said it on here loads, I think RDR1 is possibly my favourite ever game. I was 100% but for the online achievements. Got RDR2 on day one. Currently around 60% through the story, done very few side mission, zero collecting or upgrading weapons, horses, crafting, hunting, robberies and all that. I give it 30 mins or so every now and then. Very much looking forward to it ending although there may be a sequel out by the time I do! (I don't really think that)
Technically on the series X and OLED its the best looking game I have ever seen. Gameplay and mechanics aren't too different from the first and the story and characters have far more depth. Yes the controls are clunky but so are all of R* games. I can't describe why I don't love it.

i logged 20days 14hrs on RDR2. i got 28/51 achievements. some i missed as they were story specific and i'd past that point. drew the line at trying to skin and study all animals! also not online so couldn't get any of those. i did use youtube videos to get the 100%, there wouldn't be a hope in hell finding a lot of those things without them (play time would be more like 200 days never mind 20)
yeah those controls were very clunky at times but didn't detract from the game too much.

Soldato
Been having a bit of a Ubi-thon recently:

Fired The Division 2 up again, and quickly realised I've had my fill of it - so that'll be a decent chunk of storage back.

Been having the occasional game of AC Odyssey, the game still looks incredible, and even though I'm pretty far in, I'm not sure if I will ever finish it.

Had a few hours sesh with mates on Breakpoint, and spent a few days solo... but having unlocked and collected 90% of the guns, I'm really struggling to see a point in carrying on. None of the story really held my attention, so it might be a random MP game, until it gets sidelined again.

I think my wavering is probably down to 'Ubi fatigue', having about a million markers on the maps, just makes me not want to bother. Shame they have this 'tired and tested' cookie cutter approach to their games, as (for me at least) you burn out pretty fast, and unless it's an utterly brilliant stroy or protagonist; it ends up a huge MEH, probably why I've never gone back to AC Valhalla.

Occasionally dip into Helldivers 2, but even that is starting to feel stale now. And Elden Ring is still a draw on the times I do jump on, but my god does that game hate you lol

Oh, and restarted TLOU2 again, as I've had the Remastered PS5 version ready to go - honestly I'm struggling to see a difference, as that game looked great on PS4, but I know there are differences from the umpteen reviews and I'm sure it feels more slick.

Associate
Oh, and restarted TLOU2 again, as I've had the Remastered PS5 version ready to go - honestly I'm struggling to see a difference, as that game looked great on PS4, but I know there are differences from the umpteen reviews and I'm sure it feels more slick.

I've been thinking about that - I don't think I'm too far into TLOU2 so far, so considering restarting with the remastered version but not sure if I'd really notice anything different!

Soldato
I finally started playing Returnal this week, I'm really enjoying it. I've always been a huge fan of Housemarque games and this is no exception.
It's like an evolution of Nex Machina, which is one of my absolute favourite games.

Soldato
Finding myself addicted to Dave the Diver, the game gets really addicting after a few hours and it just sinks time.

At first it just seems like a basic diving/management simulator but the game has some real depth to it and seems to be forever expanding, currently unlocking things I never thought I would see, mini games and farming areas. Some of the new mechanics just appear, it is fab

It feels like a Yakuza/Returnal/Mario/Cooking Sim hybrid :D

Associate
I'm still playing Helldivers 2 most days, but there isn't particularly an end game to that, i'm also hopping in and out of Diablo 4. I have Ghost of Tsushima to try next and i keep meaning to go back to Graveyard Keeper and actually play it properly when i can find the damn time!

Soldato
Finished Assassin’s Creed II. Enjoyed it but it’s really showing its age and Ezio is pretty clunky at times. Glad I played through it for the story. Onto Brotherhood and oh my that’s some upgrade! Loving it so far.

Back
Top Bottom