Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Had a quick blast on Extraction.... not sure what it's trying to be, some sort of Siege/Left 4 dead hybrid which is a bit weird. They even have the drone usage from Siege in there to scope levels out :/

Glad it's on Gamepass as can't see me dropping money on it.

Wanted to say I've sunk a few hours into this and it's actually pretty good, I'd recommend any GamePass subscribers to give it a shot anyway!

Soldato
Wanted to say I've sunk a few hours into this and it's actually pretty good, I'd recommend any GamePass subscribers to give it a shot anyway!

I'm just watching the PlayStation Access stream of it, it does look like a decent game. As a proper fan of the original R6 games I totally object to it having the R6 name though!

Caporegime
Had a very quick dabble on Death's Door. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing. Not sure if you are supposed to kill that giant octopus thing before you can proceed or what. Will try again later.

Man of Honour
Had a very quick dabble on Death's Door. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing. Not sure if you are supposed to kill that giant octopus thing before you can proceed or what. Will try again later.

I’ve just played it for 30 minutes and beat 2 bosses so far. I really like it.

Man of Honour
Hadn't thought about streaming tbh.

We use it when some donkey ignored the games list sent on the coop WhatsApp group and is missing a bunch of coop/PvP games that we planned to play on Saturday nights. It can be a little hit and miss as to what games can be streamed.

I've done the first one (four tentacle thing) but I can't seem to work out where to go next. I've been going round in circles looking for a new exit.

I had to go bottom left before I could go top right to access the second boss, who has a great design by the way.

Soldato
I'm now several hours into Death's Door, its a brilliant game, love these sorts of action/adventure type games where you have to go back and forth between areas to unlock/access new bits and upgrades.

Some good boos fights with old school mechanics of learning the attack patterns.

Man of Honour
I'm now several hours into Death's Door, its a brilliant game, love these sorts of action/adventure type games where you have to go back and forth between areas to unlock/access new bits and upgrades.

Some good boos fights with old school mechanics of learning the attack patterns.

The genre is typically referred to as Metroidvania, and whether it’s top-down, side scrolling, or third person I love the genre in all its forms.

I guess top-down variants are often called Zelda-likes or action adventure hashed but the latter description is far too vague.

Associate
Deathloop PS5 crashed on me again last night, wiping out a nice bit of progress and discovery without dieing. I had taken out Julianna too, so picked up another slab upgrade.

I am very hit and and miss in my game playing at the moment, in terms of focus, so this gets very frustrating when I am getting somewhere. I can't think of any other games that do it, although there were a few titles that did it on the PS4 too.

Back
Top Bottom