Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Playing the new Forza, first one I've played in years. Enjoying it but I was kinda hoping to be able to pick a beginner car and keep upgrading it to race in higher car classes but it forces me to keep picking new cars. Will give it a bit longer.

Soldato
Playing the new Forza, first one I've played in years. Enjoying it but I was kinda hoping to be able to pick a beginner car and keep upgrading it to race in higher car classes but it forces me to keep picking new cars. Will give it a bit longer.
General opinion is the game sucks.

Soldato
Does Forza Motorsport have a more grown up tone?
I couldn't play horizon for more than ten minutes due to the absolute cringe 'fellow kids' presentation.

Caporegime
General opinion is the game sucks.

I couldn't tell you, I haven't played a racing game since Forza 3 on the 360 or PGR. I'm enjoying it for what it is but I'm far from experienced with this game genre recently.

I couldn't play horizon for more than ten minutes due to the absolute cringe 'fellow kids' presentation.

I haven't found that so far. I am playing it on gamepass so didn't pay for it as such.

Associate
Yes, it's a racing simulator not an arcade racer. The career mode doesn't share the same presentation style. Feels a bit bland and undercooked to me, though. I prefer GT7 on the PS5.

Soldato
Yes, it's a racing simulator not an arcade racer. The career mode doesn't share the same presentation style. Feels a bit bland and undercooked to me, though. I prefer GT7 on the PS5.
Same. GT7 is sublime (If a little lacking in unique single player races) but it is getting much better.

Soldato
GT 7 is great, really into it, the recent update is superb, loads of content now.

I always favoured the Forza games but it’s the polar opposite now.
Same here. GT seems to have found it’s mojo again and it’s disappointing to hear so much negativity around Forza which was once the best thing out there.

Soldato
Yeah I agree. I bought an Impreza, did the first couple of cups and didnt have the desire to go back to it.

I think I am up to nearly 3 hours of use of Gamepass over two games since I did the 24 month purchase in August. Great value :|

Associate
I finally crumbled, I thought I was out but I've been sucked back in. Destiny 2 Lightfall with the season pass is currently on offer for just £32. I was at a loose end with what to play next and I thought the next expansion is not out until June which would give me plenty of time to go through lightfall and some of the seasonal bits.

It's currently downloading again I'm quite looking forward to it anyone here played through it?

Man of Honour
I can't stop playing Vice City on the Switch, first time I'm actually playing through it since its original PS2 launch in 2004 (god I feel old typing that).
Also been jumping in and out of the Witcher 3 which I'd never played on PC

Soldato
Gave Ghost Recon Breakpoint yet another crack - the social hub thing felt at odds with the setting, so I just got annoyed with it.

Playing with a couple of mates recently, and getting into it now - I'm mainly blasting through cutscenes, as it's the gameplay I'm enjoying; seems to be an odd amount of tie-ins with other franchises - Splinter Cell is a given, but I've found T800 terminators, and keep seeing stuff for Lara Croft...

Ordered Dead Island 2 to play, and also have Ride 5 to play - but moving house next month, so probably have to start boxing stuff up towards the end of the month so

Soldato
Well after finishing Mafia 2 - Deifififnitive Edition, I needed an open world driving game to while away a boring upcoming Xmas, as its the first one without me father.

Ended up purchasing GTAV (I am disgusted I know) for £16 and am rather impressed at how different it looks since I initially played it. Theres a lot more asset density on the roads, and the visuals and fluidity on Performance RT mode is most welcoming. I am quite sure the radio tracks have all changed though due to licensing issues as I can't find the ones I used to heavily listen to.

No idea how far I'll get though as I've only finished it once, due to the characters being rather dull apart from Trevor. I just wish GTAIV was there to play - that was far better imo.

Caporegime
Got bored of Forza so downloaded 'From Space' on gamepass. Lovely little two stick shooter but would be much better in a party, trying to get through it Single player but my son might join me for some sessions.

Soldato
Baldurs Gate 3. I’m enjoying it but it’s pretty overwhelming and the map system is awful I’m constantly backtracking or going the wrong way. Tbh I have found this with all Larian games I just wish they would add the ability to focus on one quest marker at a time and maybe optional guidance.

Back
Top Bottom