Games you're playing, and games...

jcr

jcr

Associate
due to a lack of inspiration for any games to play ive gone back to The hunter: call of the wild.
managed to bag my first gold trophy this week.

Soldato
SpiderMan 2

Enjoying this but gets a bit repetitive after a while, can do a few main quests before I get a bit bored, so taking me a while to finish, only in act 2, how did people finish this so quick,lol.

When it was released, a day later I was seeing posts of people complaining the game is too short.

Me 2 weeks later still struggling away at it. lol.

Caporegime
SpiderMan 2

Enjoying this but gets a bit repetitive after a while, can do a few main quests before I get a bit bored, so taking me a while to finish, only in act 2, how did people finish this so quick,lol.

When it was released, a day later I was seeing posts of people complaining the game is too short.

That happened with the first one with me. Never finished it, never started Miles Morales. One day hopefully…

Soldato
Not really a specific Spider-Man 2 spoiler as I don’t mention any names or locations but I’ll tag it anyway (regarding boss fights)

putting three boss fights one after the other in a row ? Come on, what a stupid design choice. Didn’t enjoy any of them either.

Last edited:
Associate
SpiderMan 2

I'm the same, I can only play it in short bursts. Find the gameplay too repetitive otherwise, or perhaps there is an element of "fatigue" that's crept in from playing the previous two games. From looking at the achievement list there are a surprising number of players that have completed the main story - can't remember how many off the top of my head, but it's at least half the player base. So yeah, looks like we're in the minority in terms of not enjoying it enough to race through it.

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
I dont buy much with game pass anyway but have been playing from space. I wouldnt say its usually my style but for a quick pickup its a fun game shooting hordes of aliens.

Caporegime
Just done the first map of Sniper Elite 5. So happy that they continued with the massive maps full of intricately detailed buildings that you can go and explore. I should just say it feels like they're taking a leaf out of Hitman's book where they don't even want you killing baddies anymore. Anyone that's left unconscious gets your more MP so you should be using non-lethal ammo all the time. Mmm, no thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just done the first map of Sniper Elite 5. So happy that they continued with the massive maps full of intricately detailed buildings that you can go and explore. I should just say it feels like they're taking a leaf out of Hitman's book where they don't even want you killing baddies anymore. Anyone that's left unconscious gets your more MP so you should be using non-lethal ammo all the time. Mmm, no thanks.
Yeah, my friend and I also felt like it took you away from feeling like an amazing sniper a bit too often by forcing you to get up close and engage in stealth tactics instead. Some of the levels were excellent and we still enjoyed it but SE4 was probably the best of the lot in terms of the actual sniping element.

Soldato
SpiderMan 2

I’m the same. I’ve actually returned it to the rental place I use. Stopped soon after the Lizardman fight as the endless combat was just too repetitive for me. I groaned whenever further henchmen appeared. None of the set pieces really excited me either.

I enjoyed the original, but Miles Morales onwards it just grew stale for me.

Soldato
Yeah, same here. I platinumed the original because it's Spiderman, the web swinging was superbly executed and the combat was visually impressive.

Unfortunately, the side stuff was mostly subpar (too much of needless busywork as well, did it really need 4-5 types of enemy bases and those random crimes?) , the combat too shallow and easy and the entire gameplay loop just dragged on like hell later and felt really repetitive.

That's why I skipped 2 for now, will get it on discount when I forget my time with 1 and Miles Morales.

It's still better than Ghost of Tsushima though, after 30h I'd rather get shot in the gut that follow the same fox around or follow the wind to the same objective I've been doing ad nauseam since the beginning, with a combat system and enemy variety that don't evolve at all past the first few hours and a storyline that regresses:p Who needs stealth when I can ruin an entire camp on hard without breaking sweat just mashing parries and barely switching styles.

Had it not been for the atmosphere and the opportunity to learn some archaic Japanese...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, same here. I platinumed the original because it's Spiderman, the web swinging was superbly executed and the combat was visually impressive.

Unfortunately, the side stuff was mostly subpar (too much of needless busywork as well, did it really need 4-5 types of enemy bases and those random crimes?) , the combat too shallow and easy and the entire gameplay loop just dragged on like hell later and felt really repetitive.

That's why I skipped 2 for now, will get it on discount when I forget my time with 1 and Miles Morales.

It's still better than Ghost of Tsushima though, after 30h I'd rather get shot in the gut that follow the same fox around or follow the wind to the same objective I've been doing ad nauseam since the beginning, with a combat system and enemy variety that don't evolve at all past the first few hours and a storyline that regresses:p Who needs stealth when I can ruin an entire camp on hard without breaking sweat just mashing parries and barely switching styles.

Had it not been for the atmosphere and the opportunity to learn some archaic Japanese...

Are you one of those beardy types who follows the way of the katana?

Soldato
Are you one of those beardy types who follows the way of the katana?
Nope:p

I don't even like samurai flicks or the samurai period too much actually and I'm more passionate about the language itself so I play games in Japanese whenever possible since I'm proficient enough to understand most of the stuff usually (not in this case though, some bits are too archaic).

EDIT: Japan-themed games I should add, completed RE4 Remake in Japanese once and well, it felt off:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope:p

I don't even like samurai flicks or the samurai period too much actually and I'm more passionate about the language itself so I play games in Japanese whenever possible since I'm proficient enough to understand most of the stuff usually (not in this case though, some bits are too archaic).

Fair do's :)

I know what you mean about GoT, I had to take large pauses in-between sessions to finish it.

Back
Top Bottom