GE66 Raider

Associate
Yea I agree, no one seems to have a perfect spec. Asus = Best CPU being Ryzen / MSI = Best GFX Wattage / Asus = Best Display.

I suppose it comes down to what is more important to you as a user, best GFX wattage giving you the power that is limited by the display and an old cpu, or a lower GFX wattage with a good display and a new cpu.

The only other thing is to wait but then again no guarantee when new laptops will be released, if the specs will meet your requirements and then availability of that product.

Buying any new laptop or computer at the moment is just a nightmare.

Soldato
One thing I have noticed on mine it wont (or wouldnt) fully charge, it was stuck at 94% or so, i've just completed a battery calibration so will see what happens now as its charging up, hopefully that has sorted it.....

Associate
OP
Did you get to 100%?
I returned my laptop and an elite series 2 controller at the same time, recieved my refund from the controller today but not even heard anything about the laptop yet:mad:

Soldato
not too bad tbh, certainly no worse than my alienware was, I can play a game ok without headphones and I dont like noise much myself but its tricky to say, there is a definate whoosh when playing, under normal circumstances very quiet with the occasional short slight ramp up of the fans

Associate
not too bad tbh, certainly no worse than my alienware was, I can play a game ok without headphones and I dont like noise much myself but its tricky to say, there is a definate whoosh when playing, under normal circumstances very quiet with the occasional short slight ramp up of the fans
thx you

Associate
I have the itch to upgrade from my predator triton 500 i7 8750h rtx 2070 max q. How would the ge66 with i7 10870h 3070 compare? Would it be a worthwhile upgrade?

Associate
I wouldn't have thought it would be a huge upgrade but if you want me to test anything i have I can certainly let you know

Thanks, it's mainly vr performance I'm interested in, do you have a rift s? My triton struggles with half life alyx.
Benchmarks seem to show the 3070 ge66 managing 60fps in cyberpunk ultra with Ray tracing, my triton can't even get 30fps at those settings!

Soldato
Thanks, it's mainly vr performance I'm interested in, do you have a rift s? My triton struggles with half life alyx.
Benchmarks seem to show the 3070 ge66 managing 60fps in cyberpunk ultra with Ray tracing, my triton can't even get 30fps at those settings!
I had a oculus quest 2 but sold it but i'm thinking of getting another purely for fs2020, i have cyberpunk so can give that a go when I get it installed

Soldato
How you finding ownership so far, getting Impatient waiting to get my one watched nearly every YouTube video made on it:p
Enjoying it, firestrike showed performance a tiny bit lower than my desktop score which is i7 8700k and rtx2080, gpu score on laptop slightly behind but cpu score slightly above so pretty close, still finding playing warzone on laptop a bit tricky on a small screen as I'm used to playing it on a 34 ultrawide

Associate
OP
Thats good performance, Thats the one thing I was worried about is the size I've never had a 15" laptop before only a 17" but I'd get used to it, 17" was a beast and tool up all my baggage allowance for offshore:mad:

Soldato
Just had a quick go on cyberpunk, everything on high/ultra, ray tracing ultra, and dlss quality its sitting around 58-62 most of the time using geforce experience overlay, occasionally dropped to 48 but very rarely but seems very smooth and playable, also its a lot quieter and cooler than when playing warzone

Associate
Just had a quick go on cyberpunk, everything on high/ultra, ray tracing ultra, and dlss quality its sitting around 58-62 most of the time using geforce experience overlay, occasionally dropped to 48 but very rarely but seems very smooth and playable, also its a lot quieter and cooler than when playing warzone
Thanks for checking that, sounds like a decent upgrade over my current laptop then!

Back
Top Bottom