GE66 Raider

Associate
I just ran heaven benchmark, I left hwinfo64 running and max gpu power was 133 is this what i should be looking for or is there an option in the benchmark prog for the wattage?

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I just ran heaven benchmark, I left hwinfo64 running and max gpu power was 133 is this what i should be looking for or is there an option in the benchmark prog for the wattage?

Capture.jpg
Just need to see if it spiked to to that for a few seconds or if it held for a bit. See what it holds at while the benchmark is running

Soldato
interesting i ran it again with hwinfo64 this time rather than gpuz and mine showed 139.09w, still waiting for warzone to download to test in gaming. Theres some program that people on youtube has an onscreen overlay with all the info but not sure what that is

Associate
Just need to see if it spiked to to that for a few seconds or if it held for a bit. See what it holds at while the benchmark is running

Just checked and it holds it constant between 122-133 during the benchmark, with no crazy spikes.

So is this a decent laptop gfx 3070?

Associate
OP
How many of will be getting rid of the dragon Centre etc? All the MSI bloatware?

A little review has surfaced, looking good!

I asked in the comments its the Max-P 115-130w version.

Last edited:
Associate
well after a bit of playing i am blown away with this little fella, its playing warzone better than my desktop in sig, as soon as I can get a 3080 ill be upgrading that

It sounds like a real beast. Always been an MSI fan, as you can see from my motherboard choice. Sadly the MOBO didn't survive a house move. And the stock situation is bad, I can't get myself enough components to build a new rig. So thinking a decent laptop could tide me over till next year when Intel AlderLake launches or AMD announce AM5.

Associate
It’s a shame that the GE76 is either 1080p, or 4K 60hz. QHD 165hz would be best, or even 4K 120hz with that much power. Seems a waste to pair it with a 1080p or 60hz panel.
Yea I agree, no one seems to have a perfect spec. Asus = Best CPU being Ryzen / MSI = Best GFX Wattage / Asus = Best Display.

Back
Top Bottom