• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
I used to have the crashes further apart so the splash's weren't "below" any but I prefer it this way. I like it compact because it means I can fit more cymbals in at a later date :p

Man of Honour
Dave said:
I used to have the crashes further apart so the splash's weren't "below" any but I prefer it this way. I like it compact because it means I can fit more cymbals in at a later date :p

I'd like to castrate the person who invented little cymbals and the upside down ones. It takes a while but all my drummers eventually remove them (perhaps thats why they all leave). And wheres your bloody cowbell?

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I'd like to castrate the person who invented little cymbals and the upside down ones. It takes a while but all my drummers eventually remove them (perhaps thats why they all leave). And wheres your bloody cowbell?

Splashes and china's own . . . can't play prog rock without them! :D

I actually have 2 cowbells ( :cool: ) but I'm in the process of buying a percussion rack to add on to the rack, so I can put more stuff like tambourines / jam blocks / more cowbells on :D

Si.

Si.

Soldato
My Epiphone Les Paul and Vox Valvetronic Amp, both recently sold (currently learning on an acoustic until I can justify a proper Gibson)

guitar.jpg

Soldato
Looking nice sidewinder.

Ill take some pics of my kit when its set up in the studio later. i set it up last night, im thinking of buying a woodblock still deciding though. after some effects cymbals too. :D

Soldato
just go to your local music shop and ask for any broken cymbals, make some effects ones yourself :p

i got those 2 guitars on ebay, bargains. half price on both and you wouldnt tell they're B stock or 2nd hand except for the damaged base on the iceman.

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
where are these pics then? later usually implies a few hours to a day..

i went for a chinese instead haha. its a beaut. got it quite cheap a sabian aaxtreme i believe i wasnt to fussd on names just on the sound. i havent taken pics because the kit isnt at my house anymore.

and i havent been down so much. ill grab some and post em tomorrow. its a fair drive to get to the practice/studio also awkward as i dont drive.

Soldato
I love Renown's - can't wait to see pics.

You got a new ride too or are you still playing that B8 ride? I'm looking to pick up a secondary ride at the mo - I'm looking probably to get a 24" Paiste 2oo2 Ride once my student loan gets through. ( :o ) I really like my 21" Sig Dark Full Ride though so it's going to be tough to accommodate two rides!

Soldato
00001221ot3.jpg

00001131oi0.jpg

00001191ep2.jpg

00001101ib5.jpg

My overplayed complete wreck of a guitar. I know, it's FILTHY and VILE. And it only has five strings at the moment. I expect you're wonderring how I have the audacity to post pics without at least attempting to clean it, but I honestly can't be bothered wasting any more money on new strings and time/effort on cleaning it until I can afford to get a re-frett and a new floyd rose (copy) tremelo thing. It doesn't look particularly great (especially at the moment) but I swear it has got a sweet neck and is a joy to play, which is why I'd rather spend cash on it instead of just buying a new guitar.

Oh yeah, the amp is broken too.

Soldato
Andelusion said:
Why do you want to replace the trem? Is that a Lo-Trs?

I want to replace the trem because it's old, the paint on most of the parts has come off and it's rusted. The newer trems I've seen look much better and look like they would be much easier to set the intonation on due to some extra fine tuning / string locking features (at least that's what it looked like at a glance anyway). I can't set it to save my life at the moment, it's very annoying.
I've taken it to a shop to get it set fairly recently and to try and save the trem (he soaked the bits in oil apparently) but it quickly reverted back to being annoying/dirty/looking rubbish, even with fairly regular cleaning, and especially after subsequently changing strings (without the shops help).
No idea what Lo-Trs is I'm afraid. Pathetically, I'm not even entirely sure what guitar it is. Originally I thought it was the same as the white one Satriani has on the cover of Not Of This Earth (forget what it's called), but I'm doubtful it is.... Can anyone ID it off the top of their head?
Hopefully posting these appalling pics of it will embarrass me enough to get it sorted fairly rapidly (and develop my skills as a photographer) so I can post some better ones!

Soldato
Robosapien said:
I want to replace the trem because it's old, the paint on most of the parts has come off and it's rusted. The newer trems I've seen look much better and look like they would be much easier to set the intonation on due to some extra fine tuning / string locking features (at least that's what it looked like at a glance anyway). I can't set it to save my life at the moment, it's very annoying.
I've taken it to a shop to get it set fairly recently and to try and save the trem (he soaked the bits in oil apparently) but it quickly reverted back to being annoying/dirty/looking rubbish, even with fairly regular cleaning, and especially after subsequently changing strings (without the shops help).
No idea what Lo-Trs is I'm afraid. Pathetically, I'm not even entirely sure what guitar it is. Originally I thought it was the same as the white one Satriani has on the cover of Not Of This Earth (forget what it's called), but I'm doubtful it is.... Can anyone ID it off the top of their head?
Hopefully posting these appalling pics of it will embarrass me enough to get it sorted fairly rapidly (and develop my skills as a photographer) so I can post some better ones!

If by new Ibanez trems you mean the Edge Pro trems then unfortunately one of those won't drop straight in as the cavities are routed differently. And official floyd rose would though and you can find them quite cheap if you search ebay.

Soldato
Andelusion said:
If by new Ibanez trems you mean the Edge Pro trems then unfortunately one of those won't drop straight in as the cavities are routed differently. And official floyd rose would though and you can find them quite cheap if you search ebay.

Damn, I'd hoped I could have easy intonation adjustment without much sacrifice to the guitar. Probably not worth risking the stress to the body etc by routing and fitting the Edge Pro in that case. I don't suppose you know whether or not this can be done succesfully?
From comparing the pivot joints with photos on jemsite.com I think the existing trem is an 'Edge' rather than a 'Lo-TRS', in which case a Official Floyd Rose original/pro won't fit; also I gather the Edge was an apparent improvement on the Floyd Rose.
From looking at online photos the guitar looks very similar to the 540Power, although I haven't found an identical version.
Do you know of any trems that would drop straight in that have intonation adjustment, and similar wrist support, etc i.e. similar playability, maybe from other manufacturers? Otherwise I think I'll stick with the Edge, either buying a new one or saving the existing one with new parts/restoration. Or buying a LoPro. Hopefully the intonation/tuning wouldn't be so much of a problem if i get a proper set up and new bits.
How do the intonation adjusters work on the Edge Pros anyhow? The photos I've seen show the string saddles still locked down with those allenkey screws - does this mean the intonation can't be adjusted while the strings are still taut? I thought that was the whole point...
Finally, are there any non built-in intonation tools that would help me to get a correct set-up? The trial and error method is a nightmare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom