• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Gear Thread - Pics

Man of Honour
Neon said:
stop digging at me. its pethetic.

For Gods sake whats up with people tonight?
I'm not picking on you - honest and if you think I was then apologies.
Somebody has posted what looks like random pictures of a pickup and fretboard without an explanation.
I just chose an example and you and your drums were the first thing I thought of.
I could have posted a pic of a PP3 battery without an explanation.
I'm still non the wiser.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
For Gods sake whats up with people tonight?
I'm not picking on you - honest and if you think I was then apologies.
Somebody has posted what looks like random pictures of a pickup and fretboard without an explanation.
I just chose an example and you and your drums were the first thing I thought of.
I could have posted a pic of a PP3 battery without an explanation.
I'm still non the wiser.

just with all the squabble i thought you was trying to jump on me for something, i apologise.

Soldato
Here's a pic of my new kit, just waiting for my new ride cymbal: (and a couple of obligatory cymbal pictures)

kitbehind5cw.jpg

tomcolour9qj.jpg

2oo2crash15pr.jpg

2oo2china28zd.jpg

Drums are Gretsch Catalina Birch in sizes 8"x7", 10"x8", 12"x9", 14"x14", 16"x16" and 22"x18". My snare drum is a Pearl Masters Custom (MMX) snare in the size 14"x6.5".

Hardware wise - the rack is a Pearl ICON rack and all my boom arms are the Pearl CH1000 boom arms. I have a DW7002 double pedal and an Iron Cobra HH905 Hi Hat Stand - getting the double Iron Cobra to match it soon.

Cymbals are:
Paiste 2oo2 - 8" splash, 10" splash, 14" medium hi hats, 16" crash, 17" crash, 18" china
Paiste Giant Beat - 20" multifunctional
Paiste Signature - 21" Dark Full Ride (on its way)

Off to go play them for a bitnow! :D

Associate
dmpoole said:
I haven't got a clue why he's posted pics of a neck and a pickup - sorry.
Has he just had a makeover on his guitar?

Because they were the only half decent pics I had of my guitar that I haven't already posted, and I was trying to get the thread back on topic. It didn't really work, did it? :o

Here's a slightly out of focus (again...I'm bad at missing the part I'm trying to focus on) one of the headstock. Why am I posting it? Because I like the pic and it might help to remind people that this is actually a pics thread. ;)

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Nice.
Do you gig with anybody or do it for fun?

I'll hopefully be gigging once I get a new band up in Sheffield when I go there for university this September. (definately going, got my exam results today) For the moment it's just fun, but also to get the technique going - not played for a few months and I only really felt the "groove" come back in this mornings' 3 hour session :p

I used to gig pretty much on a fortnightly basis in France with my old Export kit, love playing in front of people :)

Soldato
Dave said:
I used to gig pretty much on a fortnightly basis in France with my old Export kit, love playing in front of people :)
Is there anything that actually feels more inspiring than you playing music and people responding and dancing to it? :)

Soldato
naffa said:
Is there anything that actually feels more inspiring than you playing music and people responding and dancing to it? :)

Dancing in the prog-rock sense of it ;) :D

The "response" part of the music is definately the big thing for me, no matter on what level - catharsis is to me what the music I play is all about. :)

Man of Honour
naffa said:

I prostituted myself for 30 years on and off doing the cabaret circuit and you knew if you dropped a bottle and it rolled in time then somebody would jump up and start dancing.
I've stood on stage and just for an experiment in the last spot after bingo, I have completely made words up in songs singing about stupid things and nobody has ever clocked me (no swearing though because people can pick up the f word from 20 miles).
I've been in this particular rock band for 6 years and I hate it when people get up and dance because I feel they're not listening. Apart from that at most places they obscure the band and you always get the real nutter who now becomes the show.
I much prefer to do a song, look around the audience and everybody is hanging on every word and note that comes out and as soon as you finish a rapturous applause comes out. Thats the best feeling of all.
I also like the after gig comments. If you are a rock fan then we've already won you over but I enjoy the comments from people who say they hate rock music, they came in for a pint and stayed because we were that professional.
You can't buy comments like that.

Man of Honour
Not mine at all, but I though I'd show an eye candy picture! This would have been mine but it sold two days before I went to buy it... nooooo! :(

*Cries himself to sleep*

Last edited:
Man of Honour
SidewinderINC said:
i guessed your name was to do with the parker fly range. ive never played one!

think i'll go have a tinkle next time i'm in a shop that has them in stock. are the "cheap" ones worth it?
As far as I am aware, the cheaper ones are good, but not amazing. There are proberly better guitars to spend your money on. I had a P44 but sold it.... took a picture of it with an aweful camera..... heres an internet pic of the same thing:
p44.JPG

Maybe I'm spoilt because of what I own now.... but I remmember the playability being a bit average.... but the sound.. oh my did that guitar sound FAT and the piezo was supurb. Regretting selling it, wouldn't want anything else for bashing out power chords.

Got a Nitefly off ebay (What a cool name eh?) and just my luck had a slightly faulty neck that I've never had repaired properly. The neck on the american models (Carbon fibre) is just supurb. Flawless IMO, everything else plays so slow!

Heres what I own now:
guitar7lp.th.jpg

Mwhahaha :cool:

[/fanboy]

Back
Top Bottom