Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Permabanned
anyone just get a blank black screen when they launch the game?
nvm maybe the game was doing something in the background but I am in now :D

edit - where are the installation files? I want to point reshade to it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably around an hour gameplay as of now. Having so much fun at the minute, game itself plays and flows beautifully and the graphics are absolutely stunning. Will upload some screenshots in a short while.

Full 21:9 support although cutscenes are the standard 16:9 which is to be expected.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I just bought GOW4 after seeing the initial look at video on the Digital foundry channel and I'm glad to see it's been reduced from £50 to £42, Not a big reduction but it tipped me over to buy it as I need something to make up for the mess of Mafia 3.

Who'd of thought it,

The Windows store handling better releases than Steam.
Maybe Microsoft recognise the situation we face as PC gamers and see it as an opportunity to gain some goodwill.
It'll be State of Decay 2 next.

Permabanned
Does reshade even work being as it's a uwp game?

Don't know tbh. I just point my 3D LUT files to every new game I buy so it keeps the gamma in check. I've given up trying to find the files they are locked down somewhere.

Trying to find the graphics options now. They haven't made the menu intuitive or maybe I am going blind. I can't even get my overlays from HWInfo to show also. Not a good start

Soldato
Probably around an hour gameplay as of now. Having so much fun at the minute, game itself plays and flows beautifully and the graphics are absolutely stunning. Will upload some screenshots in a short while.

Full 21:9 support although cutscenes are the standard 16:9 which is to be expected.

Think i was expecting to much, graphics ok, but if tomb raider is a 10, gears 4 is like a 6 or 7 for me, thought with the big download they were going to be awesome.

Soldato
Don't know tbh. I just point my 3D LUT files to every new game I buy so it keeps the gamma in check. I've given up trying to find the files they are locked down somewhere.

Trying to find the graphics options now. They haven't made the menu intuitive or maybe I am going blind. I can't even get my overlays from HWInfo to show also. Not a good start

Home key is graphics options it says at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think overlays work due to not being a typical executable but I could be wrong. NGOs is overlays don't work either.

Permabanned
Home key is graphics options it says at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think overlays work due to not being a typical executable but I could be wrong. NGOs is overlays don't work either.

Thanks, I will take to Reddit to see if anyone has got overlays to work. Game looks so pretty though at 1440p. I have cranked everything to Ultra and all the sliders to MAX and game plays smooth atleast in the campaign. Will run a benchmark later.

Back
Top Bottom