Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Caporegime
Performance in mp at least is great even though imo its a bit of a one trick pony with regards to game-play.

Hopefully the campaign is decent.

Soldato
Right, so there I am in the middle of some horde action, when I suddenly get kicked out of the lobby in mid chainsaw motion.
Try to find another game and it can't connect.

Restart the game and it says it needs to be updated. Fair enough.
Go to Windows store to update and it fails. I then go to the game page and press the update button, but it's asking me to select a drive and that I need 80GB free - despite the game clearly being installed already.

Gaaawd...

Soldato
Right, so there I am in the middle of some horde action, when I suddenly get kicked out of the lobby in mid chainsaw motion.
Try to find another game and it can't connect.

Restart the game and it says it needs to be updated. Fair enough.
Go to Windows store to update and it fails. I then go to the game page and press the update button, but it's asking me to select a drive and that I need 80GB free - despite the game clearly being installed already.

Gaaawd...

I don't think it does the full download even though it says but I could be wrong.

Associate
I really would like this game but it being on windows store only is putting me off BIG TIME! I'm glad to hear its running great but seems from posts on here there is still way to many bugs and glitches for my liking :(

oh and 80gb download! balls to that lol

Soldato
Has anyone installed this on a drive other than C, as i just seen this posted somewhere.

Few people who have issues downloading on PC, if you don't download to C drive you may get an error. Once downloaded and installed you can move to another drive.

Soldato
Has anyone installed this on a drive other than C, as i just seen this posted somewhere.

I had to do this with forza horizon 3 the patch would no work unless the game was on my C drive so i have to move it from my other drive back to C drive:rolleyes:

I guess now i will need to do the same with the gears patch :mad:

Yep just tried to download the patch but its a no go:(

I'm so glad I dual booted an install of W10 for this game.

Solid 8.1 system with zero issues to W10 which has crashed twice, asked me to reboot multiple times to install drivers (seriously?) and now a game I can't play because a 350mb patch is needed that it can't DL.

I'm sure the game is worth it, but my first experience of W10 on a previously rock solid machine is not a positive one.

Soldato
Would love to play this problem is its on the sack of **** that is MS Store, done all the fixes and all i get is there is an error on our end! >.<

Back
Top Bottom